Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Combining still images with video... What is that called? YouTube video on how to do it ?

Last post 10-10-2019, 12:32 by sjs94704. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-10-2019, 10:38 789484

Big Smile [:D] Combining still images with video... What is that called? YouTube video on how to do it ?

Hey:

I hope the title says it all of what I am looking for. I learn best by watching videos.

I am a singer. What I am doing is I have 4 web cams from different angles and I am recording myself singing and when I edit my videos I simply want to combine video of me, still images or video clip of things other than me singing and combining all these elements together.  I am wondering what the terminology is called for doing this if there is terminology to identify this process.  Also, I learn best by watching videos, so I am asking for a referral of a video I can watch that demonstrates this technique.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Steven 

•  10-10-2019, 10:58 789485 in reply to 789484

Re: Combining still images with video... What is that called? YouTube video on how to do it ?

What you really want to do is multitrack editing. Placing videos/images above the main video tracks just like you would do if you had used the titler.

That's why there are so many additional tracks in Pinnacle and most any other editor. To overlay images/titles/videos over the main track. You can also use the Picture in Picture feature too.

•  10-10-2019, 11:11 789490 in reply to 789485

Re: Combining still images with video... What is that called? YouTube video on how to do it ?

Like Tony said the terminology is Picture In Picture.

Place two videos one on top of the other on 2  separate tracks.

Then select the top one and play with the icons bottom right corner of the preview window. 

See what it does ? 

•  10-10-2019, 12:32 789496 in reply to 789490

OK, thanks.....  It works that way in the 'other' editor I used, but, just was checking here. Thanks for the help!
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy