Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Problem with Multi-Camera Editor

Last post 09-23-2019, 10:26 by sjs94704. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-21-2019, 5:52 788637

Problem with Multi-Camera Editor

Once I put my clips into the multi-camera editor there are two drop down boxes, one says AUDIO and the other says CAMERA 1 for where to use to get the sound. I am supposed to be able to click on either one of them and make a selection.

For me, BOTH of these drop down boxes don't work, meaning they don't expose any choices at all to pick from.  They just sit there! 

I am unable to use either one of them to make any kind of selection at all other than what is there when the screen opens!

What needs to happen so that they will work as designed to work ??????????? 

Actually, now that I am in it more the entire editor just freezes up and NOTHING that should be clickable responds at all!

My PC far exceeds  the minimum requirements of the software!

Very Very frustrating because I just want to do this part and move on!!!!!!!!!!! 

UPDATE:   Totally by accident the source manager got opened up and when I closed it then everything works as expected, BUT, I should not have to open up the source manager first to make the multi-camera editor work!!

Once again..... VERY frustrating !!!!!!!!

•  09-21-2019, 9:28 788644 in reply to 788637

Re: Problem with Multi-Camera Editor

Question which version of PS are you using?

I've never had any problems doing music videos where everything is synced to a music file.....

•  09-21-2019, 13:13 788649 in reply to 788644

I am using Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate 

I do have Windows 10 Home version.

Is there another version of Windows that would work better? 

16 GIG RAM  

•  09-22-2019, 15:23 788671 in reply to 788649

I haven't forgotten you.

I have on my computer PS20-23 and will test tomorrow.

I just got back from being in Africa so have a few things to catch up on. 

•  09-22-2019, 17:37 788674 in reply to 788671

Thanks so much. Also, just FYI, I purchased some addition RAM and the plan now is for my technician to come install it on TUESDAY so at that time I will have 32 GIG of RAM.

Not sure if this will make a difference.  I am grateful for your time and help on this issue. 

•  09-23-2019, 8:12 788691 in reply to 788637

I just used the MCE and it worked as it always has.

I first Sync audio and video clips, and then select Main Audio from the drop down menu. It's working on my computer with PS23.

Even if I don't sync, I still have access to both drop down menus for Main Audio and Sync.

Seems like the MCE is a bad install. You might try in the upper left corner of the MCE window clicking on the "gear" and selecting Reset Layout.

Also, when you have your clips in the MCE, do you create proxy files? 

•  09-23-2019, 9:14 788695 in reply to 788691

Tony P:

Also, when you have your clips in the MCE, do you create proxy files?  

OK, what I did was as a test only I went through and sang one song all the way through using all three cameras so that I have some video to work with. 

When I click on the gear  I see the reset layout so I clicked on it.  For that, let me clarify, should I only have to do this once or each time I use it?

Under Smart Proxy Manager menu there is an option for Settings and it says: 'Create Proxy when video size is above: [And then there is a drop-down box to choose a size]

It is currently set at the default of 720 x 480. In my Multi-Cam Capture software I am recording at 1920 x 1080 which I am reading is the ideal dimensions for YouTube..

So, should I change the proxy video size to match it, or, should I leave it alone?

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of proxy, but, that's OK for now as long as my settings are correct.

I am so grateful for our assistance.  I realize that there are often times tons of options and settings that need to be tweaked for optimal use of almost any software.

With Gratitude,

Steven. 

•  09-23-2019, 9:44 788697 in reply to 788695

sjs94704:

OK, what I did was as a test only I went through and sang one song all the way through using all three cameras so that I have some video to work with. 

When I click on the gear  I see the reset layout so I clicked on it.  For that, let me clarify, should I only have to do this once or each time I use it?

Once. I did it because I resized the MCE so badly, I couldn't get things back to "normal". It was the first time I've done it.

Under Smart Proxy Manager menu there is an option for Settings and it says: 'Create Proxy when video size is above: [And then there is a drop-down box to choose a size]

It is currently set at the default of 720 x 480. In my Multi-Cam Capture software I am recording at 1920 x 1080 which I am reading is the ideal dimensions for YouTube..

So, should I change the proxy video size to match it, or, should I leave it alone?

Proxy files are created so that you can have a smooth MCE experience. Leave them at that setting. These are "proxies", and when it comes time to really export your project, the original files will be used. Working with smaller files in the MCE (after they have rendered completely), makes the editing smooth.

Ever try editing several video files on the timeline and try playing the timeline back smoothly? Once proxies are rendered (you will see an orange bar on top of each video slowly turn green as they are rendering), it's easier on your computer. 

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of proxy, but, that's OK for now as long as my settings are correct.

See above. These are smaller file sizes (lower resolution videos) which makes it easier playing back many at one time as you switch back and forth.

I am so grateful for our assistance.  I realize that there are often times tons of options and settings that need to be tweaked for optimal use of almost any software.

No problem! Sorry for the slow response. Backed up with editing work since I got back from Africa, and I'm tired also.

Since you have PS23, you get 10 days total access to StudioBacklot (I subscribe yearly). If you haven't used it yet, you can watch this TUTORIAL.

Also this TUTORIAL on youtube. Paul's tutorial is more indepth, but you can get the basics from youtube. 

•  09-23-2019, 10:26 788702 in reply to 788697

OK, thanks so much !

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy