Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Continuous Audio Fade

Last post 06-10-2019, 9:29 by thirly. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-10-2019, 8:45 785619

Continuous Audio Fade

I'm trying to fade out some sound on the detached audio track. Although the audio all comes from the same source I have editied this audio to remove wind - by cutting out the wind and filling the gap with "no wind" (copied and pasted from elsewhere in the same audio clip).

So my audio is still continuous (no gaps) but it is now split into about 6 parts over about 60 seconds.

I now want to do a continuous fade out which spans the final 10 seconds which contains about 6 cuts/clips in my audio.

In Studio 15 I used to just choose a start and end point and the fade out would span all the selected audio clips. In Studio 22 I can't figure out how to do this. It seems that each clip has to have its volume

set individuallly which (apart from being very time consuming and fiddly) means the whole fade out is not a completely smooth ramp - I'm not good enough at maths to work out exactly how much to fade each clip. And then if it has to be redone due to an error in calculation it

becomes a big pain. Is there a way to do this operation in one go so the result is similar to S15? Or at worst, can a clip's start volume be autommatically set to match the previous clip's end volume instead of each clip starting at 0.

•  06-10-2019, 9:14 785621 in reply to 785619

Re:Continuous Audio Fade

You can't do it in PS22 the way you were used to do it in PS15.

Export the audio of these 6 parts, re-import this audio and set the fade to this single clip.

•  06-10-2019, 9:29 785623 in reply to 785621

Re: Re:Continuous Audio Fade

saby:

You can't do it in PS22 the way you were used to do it in PS15.

Export the audio of these 6 parts, re-import this audio and set the fade to this single clip.

OK, thanks for the reply. I guess it's another item to add to the "clunky" list!

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy