Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Transition Reverse Not Working and other issues.

Last post 05-15-2019, 8:19 by Tony P. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-15-2019, 7:57 784911

Transition Reverse Not Working and other issues.

This is in response to TonyP in different (non-related) thread asking me to be specific about this topic and some other off topic issues. Just to make clear what I was moaning about...

Many of the HFX transitions do not work in reverse, which they did in older versions of Studio (I had S12 and backwards).

This applies to about 90% of all HFX transitions. When you place the transition in your project and then right-click to select "edit transition" the transition properties screen opens up.

In this screen there is always an option to "reverse" (this applies to all transitions of all types) and has existed since early Studio versions. For example, this would allow a "spin out" to become a "spin in" etc.

However, this does not work for most HFX transitions in S22. I found a page on the DECLIC website that highlights this issue so I expect Pinnacle know about this.

The other issue I mentioned was that sometimes a clip in a project will go black after placing a transition (of any type) in the default central position at the start of the clip. Moving the transition or changing the length of the transition (even by just one frame)

brings the clip back. This is not just a timeline glitch, the final video will also contain the black clip. However, I just read the patch notes for v22.2 which appear to say this is known and has been fixed.

(Another moan). I haven't tested the above in 22.2 because I did not know 22.2 existed until today despite my 22.1 being set up to "check for updates daily".

It has never prompted me to update but when I checked manually I saw that 22.2 was available.

I hate to whinge so much. I DO actually love this program but of course nobody here wants to see me dancing with joy and listing everything that works perfectly!! There are no support forums for happy people. Big Smile

•  05-15-2019, 8:19 784914 in reply to 784911

Re: Transition Reverse Not Working and other issues.

I basically never use the supplied Hollywood FX transitions, but have found that when check mark Reverse, the transition renders on the timeline but does not play back in reverse.

Not good.

I have not updated waiting for the program to do it. I see a post when the updates are available and then download the update to a folder just for updates. That way, I can go "back" to a previous version if the latest update has too many issues. That's me. 

Update and report back on the black frame issue. 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy