Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Does Avid Liquid Pro (bob) work on a Windows 10 laptop?

Last post 01-20-2018, 21:53 by saby. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-20-2018, 13:14 758277

Does Avid Liquid Pro (bob) work on a Windows 10 laptop?

Hi all

I just ordered an ancient ALP off of eBay and I plan on using it on my Windows 10 laptop to capture some ancient 8mm tapes via the FireWire port.

I was wondering if anyone here knows  it'll run on Windows 10 (64bit). If it doesn't, what would be the best way forward using it on a laptop? I'm happy to partition my hard drive and install earlier versions of Windows....

I'm not too worried about which  capturing / editing software I end up using; as long as it works with AVL. I'm quite happy to go along the opensource route, if at all possible, because this is a personal one off project and not something that I plan on doing on a professional basis.

Any observations / recommendations , etc., are most welcome  

Thanks! 

•  01-20-2018, 21:31 758365 in reply to 758277

Re: Does Avid Liquid Pro (bob) work on a Windows 10 laptop?

I'm sure there are no drivers for Windows 10. Read the last post in the Avid Liquid Pro Breakout Box Trouble thread in this old Avid Liquid Forum Hardware Section: http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/135/ShowForum.aspx

For some reason, the old Liquid Section of the Forum no longer displays here.  There has been no activity at all for a very, very, long time. The last post in that thread was 2014.

•  01-20-2018, 21:53 758366 in reply to 758365

Re: Does Avid Liquid Pro (bob) work on a Windows 10 laptop?

One must click the Personnalize button, top-left of the forum main page, to have the Liquid sub-forum displayed.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy