Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

fuji 3d video will not export as 3d only 2d

Last post 08-29-2015, 15:51 by IanS. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-07-2013, 13:50 600970

fuji 3d video will not export as 3d only 2d

I have a vacation I am trying to create a 3d dvd for.  After a week now messing with first roxio (kept crashing) and now pinnacle I am still not there.  Now i can create a 30 minute movie in pinnacle with a combination of 3d still and 3d video clips.  I tell it one by one that the video is really fuji which it does not recognize by itself. However after telling it that all the previews within pinnacle plus show perfectly as 3d.  

All fine but then the trouble starts. On exporting to an mpeg 4 file or directly to a disk image the stills come out fine in 3d but the 3d video is only 2d.  I have tested short segments of mixed fuji 3d still and movie as well as 2d and the mpeg4's come out fine.  However for my 30 minute project i get no 3d video.

Have looked for some switch i turned wrong when creating the edited clips but cannot find one.

Any ideas?? 

•  08-07-2013, 21:21 600989 in reply to 600970

Re: fuji 3d video will not export as 3d only 2d

Attachment: 3D.jpg

I'm not a 3D person but could you post the settings your are using, And what type of 3D does you player accept?

Here is the place you can set the settings to the type of 3D you need. Also if you have a short (Less then 5 minutes) of a 3D clip that you can out into your box account that came with studio 16, we can test to see if we get the same results.

•  08-08-2013, 15:07 601068 in reply to 600989

Hi thanks for responding.  Well I am trying to upload about 45 seconds of material (250 mb) to the BOX for your perusal.Its taking forever.

Anyway what my testing shows now is that with 6 clips  (4 stills, 2 video) the second video will go 2d no matter what sequence i use.  The same video will be good 3d if I move it to a different spot.  I am using anal-graph for now to make it easy to work with but i get the same results with side by side.

I am exporting to mpeg 4  at HD 1080p into anal-graph for this test but i have tried just about every format with the same result.  oh the audio track doesn't seem to make a difference.  My player is an nvidia card with power dvd cyberlink 13 however the problem is apparent with analgraph so the side by side 3d output feature doesnt seem relevant..  I ultimately was trying to get a blue ray disk for my hi def tv.

Very frustrating. Hours spent to no avail.

Oh not sure how to add you as a collaborator on the box.  If it ever loads i would need that.

•  08-08-2013, 22:43 601111 in reply to 601068

Depending of if you want other people to download you sample or not, you can post the link to your file here. If you don't want anybody else to see it, post it in a PM to me.
  •  08-10-2013, 23:47 601386 in reply to 601111

I got your sort sample videos, like I said I'm not a 3D person but here is what I see, it might be the reason for your problems or not, I just do no have enough expense in the 3D area to say for sure;

• Your .avi files are not recognized by studio as being of a 3D format that it recognizes.
    • Your .avi files are 24/frames/sec and your test output is 25 frames/sec. (Normally not a big problem, but it may be a problem in 3D, I just do not know)

I think the best thing to do is try to convert your video to a recognize 3D format that studio works with, but since I never work in 3D I cannot make any recommendations for a converter. Also if your camera will shoot at 25 frames/sec (I'm assuming your finial format is PAL) set your camera at that setting, things will work better.

•  08-11-2013, 13:32 601464 in reply to 601386

Thanks for your time.  I will check to see if thats an option on my fuji 3d camera.  Also I will see if playing with the convertion makes a difference.  I also have support looking at the issue.  No success yet.
  •  08-17-2013, 2:20 602100 in reply to 601464

have you solved your problem yet?

I tried what you described and never had a problem

•  09-09-2013, 12:23 604107 in reply to 602100

AW: Re: fuji 3d video will not export as 3d only 2d

Hi,

just wanted to add that I have a similar problem with Fuji 3D export. In the timeline and the preview it is 3D but when I export it the video starts in 3D but after some time falls back to 2D. Guess its another bug. 

•  12-01-2013, 14:10 614512 in reply to 600970

I am having the same problem.  The stills export as 3d but the video does not. I tried numerous settings but the result was the same.

Anyone figure this out yet?

•  03-04-2015, 10:49 667384 in reply to 614512

I resolved same issue, convertingAVI 3D video (Fuji are native in multistream format) in Wmv Side-by-Side video, perfectly managed by Pinnacle Studio.

The APP to converte Fuji AVI multistream in WMV Side-by-Side  is MyFinePix Studio (free by Fujifil website)

•  08-29-2015, 15:51 685756 in reply to 600970

edo1946:

On exporting to an mpeg 4 file or directly to a disk image the stills come out fine in 3d but the 3d video is only 2d.  I have tested short segments of mixed fuji 3d still and movie as well as 2d and the mpeg4's come out fine.  However for my 30 minute project i get no 3d video.

Have looked for some switch i turned wrong when creating the edited clips but cannot find one.

Any ideas?? 

You don't say which version of Studio that you are using.  You have discovered the same problem that I did with Studio Ultimate 18.6.  What is going on is that Studio is rendering the video in 3D (either SbS or multistream) depending on what you selected.  What Studio is not doing is creating the disc such that it tells the player to play the created file in 3D.  When not instructed to do otherwise a blu-ay player plays the video in 2D only (it will also play in 2D on a non 3D player).  This is how commercial discs are able to feature a 2D and 3D version of the movie on the same disc.  The actually don't, but a 2D player (or a 3D player not instructed to play in 3D) outputs the left image of a multistream video only.  Side by side 3D video will also play in 2D but you get what it says on the tin - 2 images side by side.

Every version of Studio that I have ever used has a serious bug or misfeature that prevents it from doing something.  This one is this.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy