Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Change Auxiliary File Location

Last post 03-21-2014, 12:53 by David Hunt. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-20-2014, 16:22 627726

Change Auxiliary File Location

I have Pinnacle Studio 15. When I try to select a network folder, I am unable to click OK. I have verified that I have permission to write in the folder. Just before uninstalling and re-installing Pinnacle I was getting messages about the location being read only, however, I dont know if that has anything to do with the current issue being experienced. It seems like Pinnacle needs a pair of glasses or something. I want to put the files to a network location so I am not taking up valuable hard drive space. It also allows for the files to be backed up so I dont have to worry about "broken links" to video files in the project.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? 

•  03-20-2014, 17:57 627736 in reply to 627726

Re: Change Auxiliary File Location

I don't know why it doesn't work, but putting the auxiliary files on a drive that may have access speed issues, rather than a local fast hard drive, isn't a very bright thing to do. The whole point of the files is to smooth out preview performance.
  •  03-21-2014, 11:28 627782 in reply to 627736

It would have been more appropriate for you to not post anything rather than just bash what I am doing. By the way, I was able to figure out how to get it to work. If you click the make movie tab, you can change the folder there (click the folder by the pie chart about free space).
  •  03-21-2014, 12:02 627793 in reply to 627782

itstaff:
    It would have been more appropriate for you to not post anything rather than just bash what I am doing. By the way, I was able to figure out how to get it to work. If you click the make movie tab, you can change the folder there (click the folder by the pie chart about free space).
    I was warning you (and others) that it wasn't a good idea. If you see someone driving off a cliff edge, don't you try to stop them?

In fact, what you are doing there is changing the disc image location, not the auxiliary files used for preview. Different thing.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy