Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

need my activation code?

Last post 03-05-2014, 19:41 by R_Vera. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2014, 2:29 626099

need my activation code?

hi everyone, I'm brand new to this site and i barely know how to use the forum but i really need help and excuse me if I ask "noob" questions.

anyways i recently got a new computer and i uninstalled pinnacle studio 15 from my old computer. and I installed it on my new computer, but now its asking for my product/activation key but i don't remember at all. I do have my product registered and my serial number, but when i try to regenerate the activation code, it says i need a passport key but i don't have one. Can anyone help me? i really need help :( 

•  03-05-2014, 3:06 626111 in reply to 626099

Re: need my activation code?

When it is asking for the activation key, is this at the beginning of installation? If so If so, I think it is asking for the serial number. Have you tried entering that?
  •  03-05-2014, 16:31 626222 in reply to 626111

i tried entering the serial number but the serial number is two characters short of what i need, so i dont think it wants the serial number. 
  •  03-05-2014, 16:53 626223 in reply to 626222

You still haven't said when you are being asked for the "code". Perhaps a screenshot might help.

My S15 serial consists of five groups of 5 letters - 25 in all. How many have you got?

Activation keys are for specific parts of the program - mostly codecs, but also additional purchased content. They also use the same format as serial numbers - 5 groups of five digits - 25 in all. So how many characters is this as yet unspecified dialogue asking for?

•  03-05-2014, 19:41 626230 in reply to 626099

If you had previously registered your Studio 15 you can check your activation keys here.

"but when i try to regenerate the activation code, it says i need a passport key but i don't have one."

You can find the passport number open Studio 15 and then click on the help toolbar on top of Studio and select "my passport".

If you still have Studio 15 installed in your old computer you can make a copy of your pixie file from there and install it in your new computer (delete pixie file from new computer) and you should have the same keys as your old computer has.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy