Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 15HD Ultimate~Transitions NOT working when Movie Editing!

Last post 02-03-2014, 21:11 by R_Vera. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-01-2014, 6:44 622186

Studio 15HD Ultimate~Transitions NOT working when Movie Editing!

Hi,

WIN7 (64) / 8GBDDR2 / Q6600 2.4 Ghz /

I am using Studio 15 HD Ultimate, but the only thing "Ultimate" I found with this program, is that the transitions ULTIMATELY DISAPPEAR from my program, when I am editing a movie!

I've done the INSTALL/UNINSTALL thang too many times and that's getting old. My problem is that the ONLY transition folders that do work are the HOLLYWOOD FX,FLYING WINDOWS,ALPHA MAGIC,EXTRA FX,and the FUN PACK.

I usually use the 2D transitions more than any other plugins, but the ONLY few that DO WORK are the FADE IN OR OUT, DISSOLVE, and the CENTER OUT WIPE.

WHAT CAUSES THIS????   IS THERE AN EASY FIX?  I think I even tried doing thr reapi a few times, and that did not make one difference,

Uninstalling is time consuming and I always have problems loading up my Activation keys, they seem to expire, or something does not allow me to make them work. if there was an easier way to have the keys work ALL the time throughout the year, then I guess that's something I'll have to learn to live with, or just buy another program other than Pinnacle, for my video editing projects. I've been a loyal Studio customer, over many years using a varied library of Studio versions, but my patience is wearing thin.

Thank You!  Any help, would be greatly appreciative!   

•  02-01-2014, 13:55 622241 in reply to 622186

Re: Studio 15HD Ultimate~Transitions NOT working when Movie Editing!

Have you done an update on your videocard?

Maybe if you did an update, that may be causing some problems. You may want to roll back to the one that was working well before.

•  02-01-2014, 17:11 622274 in reply to 622241

Attachment: Certif.jpg

R_Vera,

Today I updated the driver for my Geforce NVidia 8600GT, to driver # 332.1, (v.1.8.1) I then rebooted, opened up S15 program, and tried the 2 D transitions again, and still, does not work.

The last time this worked was last Christmas of 2012, I threw my hands up in the air, and have been using less favorable transitions, but i just would like to have all of my basic 2 D transitions to work.

So you actually think this is an issue with the GPU, and not the S15, since i have been having multitude of problems with this version, ever since I bough it, years ago. 

Since I believe that AVID owns Pinnacle, I tried to also post in their forums as well, but all I see are the AVID product line, not Pinnacle....so I should stay here, I guess. I figured the more posts out there, I could maybe find a solution to this weird problem.  

I also noticed a certificate window popped up, but don't think this has anything to do with my 2 D transitions not working. This sounds like a Windows thing.

There are green check marks next to :

1) Security Certificate is from a trusted source.

2) Security Certificate is valid, 

3) But this one has a RED Check mark- "Name on Security Certificate is Invalid, or does not match name of the site! "

Thanks again! 

•  02-01-2014, 18:20 622282 in reply to 622274

"Today I updated the driver for my Geforce NVidia 8600GT, to driver # 332.1, (v.1.8.1) I then rebooted, opened up S15 program, and tried the 2 D transitions again, and still, does not work."

I also have the Nvida Card and currently I am still using the update 310.90 and have had no issues with it. If I install the newer versions of the updates, my computer may go crazy and not work properly (I had experience with it). The updates I believe are mainly for people who play games only and not for video editings updates. If you can still download this update and install it (you need to uninstall the one you have) and check again your effects to see if they are back to normal.

•  02-03-2014, 16:17 622530 in reply to 622282

R_Vera,

As you know, I am using a 6 year old Nvidia GeForce 8600GT, and the other day, updated the driver to the latest v.332.21, but just now, when I called the EVGA Support, he told me to go to the EVGA Download, driver page, to get an older driver.

That's why when you looked for me, you did not find it over at the Nvidia/Geforce site.

EVGA told me to download the older 3-13-2012 Driver, to see if that works with getting my transitions to work again.

I don't need my original install CD, just download this driver. 

I will replace the driver, and post back to see if this made any difference at all.  

WIN7 64, Q6600 Intel, 8GB DDR2 Mem./ MSI P-35 Platinum Mobo.

Thank You for looking for me!

BTW...I'm not ready to upgrade my system yet, so EVGA told me since my GPU, is old, I should upgrade to the 650ti Boost GPU, but also added EVGA will no longer support the 6 series, Since I am not a gamer, nor do I overclock my Mobo, I would need some suggestions on a new GPU that will handle the STUDIO 15 HD, and newer versions, so I will hopefully not have any more pinnacle issues when making a movie. I'm thinking ahead in a few months when I get the i7 CPU, 32GB DDR3, and a not too expensive, but reliable and powerful GPU...HA!  But by then, maybe the newer DDR4 might be out....you can't win!  

and speaking of new mobo's, I have been VERY happy, with no issues on my Platinum P-35 motherboard from MSI.

Has anyone here used the newer MSI Military Boards, and are you happy with them, or is there a BETTER Mobo to get to replace my P-35?  Asus?  Gigabyte

•  02-03-2014, 18:01 622557 in reply to 622530

FYI, I previously had the Nvidia 8600GT too but it gave up on me. I am now using the Nvidia 220 card and up to now I don't have any problems yet with it. I am also a non-gamer too.
  •  02-03-2014, 18:46 622561 in reply to 622557

RE: Studio 15HD Ultimate~Transitions NOT working when Movie Editing!

OK..GOOD!

IT WORKS with the older EVGA Driver!

BUT....Now I'm having problems with the 'MOTIONS" feature, unless I don't know what I'm doing...

I created a three sentenced line. I locked the lock. I highlighted all three lines of text.

In MOTIONS, I chose "LINES FROM BEHIND". Clicked OK, or Apply, and went back to the edit screen, waited for the green rendering to finish, then replayed just before the title, and watched....NOTHING HAPPENED....It just stayed put,without moving.

I did the same thing for "LINES FADE", and BARREL ROLL". ....but nothing. 

This time, I tried two separate lines, and locked both, and chose another motion, but this time, the top line stayed still, and the second line actually did a barrel roll.

I'm sorry. I have Cancer and do not have the patience of visiting the tutorials about how to accomplish this task on making the motions work, so if anyone has a quick link or suggestions to help me, I would again, appreciate the gesture. Thank You! 

•  02-03-2014, 21:11 622568 in reply to 622561

Re: RE: Studio 15HD Ultimate~Transitions NOT working when Movie Editing!

What update number didi you installed?
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy