Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

DAZZLE DVC 170 WINDOWS 7 64BIT - SHAME

Last post 10-26-2013, 4:52 by colour. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-01-2012, 18:16 512853

DAZZLE DVC 170 WINDOWS 7 64BIT - SHAME

Dear Sirs:

It is with some embarrassment, even with some shame, that I 'm going to write, for the first time in this forum.
    i recently purchased the Dazzle DVC 170 device and just verify that the Pinnacle / Avid did not create drivers for Windows 7 64 bit. I can not understand this position. Even a small webcam, as the Trust, has drivers for Win7 64bit. It is not normal and even it's a shame, this company, whose software is certainly extraordinary for amateurs to professionals, do not take care of their customers and admirers with dignity.
    Is very important sell new equipment, but is also very important not forget those who have purchased their equipment and intends to continue to use your software and hardware. This Dazzle DVC 170 is discontinued, as I know, but I think this is no reason for not making one more driver. There is a lot of people, over the world, that are complaining about this, and the Pinnacle/Avid technicians don't do a thing.

I work wih Pinnacle software and hardware a long time ago. But now I am thinking in a change.

the Pinnacle/Avid would be nice not to drop this into oblivion.

Thank you for your time.

•  02-01-2012, 18:22 512856 in reply to 512853

Re: DAZZLE DVC 170 WINDOWS 7 64BIT - SHAME

Try it with the DVC 107. It has the same drivers as the one you have. Give it a try.

http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/Hardware_Installer/readmeHW10.htm

•  02-01-2012, 18:32 512857 in reply to 512856

Hello R_Vera

Thank you for your help but The Dazzle still dead.

I tried the driver but the windows 7 didn't accept it.

Don't you forget that I am talking about the DVC 170 and the windows 7 64 bit.

Thank's any way for you help.

I'll be waiting for the correct driver.

•  02-01-2012, 21:10 512863 in reply to 512857

I think Pinnacle won't be making any more updates for your Dazzle 170 since I think it is already extinct. What I can recommend you is for you to buy the USB-500. It should work with Windows 7 64 bit and will work with all Studio Versions including S14 and 15. I have not tried it yet on Avid Studio but think that it should also work. You can find this item on ebay, amazon or any other website where they sell software products.
  •  02-02-2012, 8:35 512926 in reply to 512863

There is an end to everything, even if we do not want it to end. I had the expensive Avid Liquid Pro BOB which was only recommended for XP. Then came Vista, and some managed to get it to work with it. Forget about 64bit anything. There were no more drivers for it because Liquid was End Of Life. No more support. While I would have loved to still have it (I use SD cards now) along with Liquid running on a Win7 64bit platform, it was not in the cards. It was time to move on. Such is life. I am sure that writing a driver for a web cam is not as complex as writing for a Dazzle. In addition, there is more Pinnacle hardware than just your version of Dazzle out there. They would have to write drivers for everything then. Economically sound? When you purchased the product, you saw the specs.  There are lots of people who own perfectly functioning equipment (Epson and HP printers for example) that there are no updates for them. It is not just Pinnacle/Avid. Unfortunately, economics/resources I would guess are the reason. Imagine if they kept ISA slots on PC's because the hardware still worked. Time marches on.

After losing the Pro BOB, I decided on getting SD card cameras and camcorders. I do not work with analog capture/editing anymore.

BTW, have you tried to use your Dazzle in Win XP Virtual? I had to setup a customer's Win7 Pro to also run some of his ancient business software until he converted over to something else. It worked just fine. 

•  02-02-2012, 12:11 512966 in reply to 512926

Dear Tony P
  •  02-02-2012, 12:30 512971 in reply to 512926

Dear Tony P

I understand what you are telling me. But I think this device in not so old. I'm not talking about ISA slots. And if they did a driver for Windows Vista, a operating system that "didn't work", I was surprised why they didn't make one for the Windows 7. Is the production expensive or is better force the customer buying new hardware?!

It is always wise for the companies not to forget the customers that don't have money for buy better hardware.

I can imagine that make a driver for this device is not the same thing then make one for a webcam, as the price and the objective. II don't want to devaluing Trust nor the webcam. With my studio 15, I can detect the webcam and cannot work with a Pinnacle device, because the software don't recognize the hardware. This is strange anyway.

I believe there is a end for everything, including the day that we quit working with Pinnacle hardware and software.

I always knew that is more dificult maintain the customer then make others.

Thank you anyway for your words.

As you say, time marches on.

•  10-10-2013, 15:59 606901 in reply to 512971

*** Dazzle DVC 170 not support windows 7 64 bit, i hope dazzle company bankrupt
  •  10-10-2013, 16:35 606906 in reply to 606901

If the "Dazzle company" had to support every single device they ever made for every operating system ever produced, they would be bankrupt. This device is at least 8 years old.

•  10-10-2013, 18:16 606913 in reply to 512971

"...And if they did a driver for Windows Vista, a operating system that "didn't work", I was surprised why they didn't make one for the Windows 7."

When Pinnacle made the drivers for XP and Vista, Windows 7 did not existed until maybe a few years later. Before Windows 7 came out, Pinnacle had announced that there were not going to be anymore updates or drivers in the future for previous versions of Studio. Pinnacle was sold to Corel. There are still some old pinnacle software being sold because they still have them in stock and are selling them at a low price range. They are sold "as is". The only update available right now is for Studio 16.

•  10-26-2013, 3:23 608978 in reply to 606913

R_Vera:

"... Pinnacle was sold to Corel.

....... And that's the place where software go to die !! 

•  10-26-2013, 4:52 608987 in reply to 608978

Coral1:
    R_Vera:

"... Pinnacle was sold to Corel.

....... And that's the place where software go to die !! 

RIP Pinnacle Studio Crying

The biggest travesty of Justice in the history of NLE Video editing Angry

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy