Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Greenscreen question - foreground object needs to move in sync with a background object.

Last post 10-16-2013, 21:22 by ghuck. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-15-2013, 23:56 607493

Greenscreen question - foreground object needs to move in sync with a background object.

I am using Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate Edition, and can successfully use greenscreen / chroma keying to as long as foreground object does not need to move relative to background object.

I have a video for background which contains an actor.  I have a foreground / overlay video which contains an object I want the actor to pick up (a shaken snowglobe, a spider, whatever).   These objects look ok until they need to be moved by the actor's hand.  At that point it, the foreground object needs to move across the screen in sync with the background object.  Is there any method (or plug-in) which can attach / connect the movement of foreground object to movement of a background object?

The only think I have found so far is if I cut each frame into separate video segment and then frame by frame manually move the object (in picture-in-picture properties panel of the overlay properties) to the correct position.  But that quickly becomes very tedious and the movement is not smooth.
  •  10-16-2013, 2:10 607496 in reply to 607493

Re:Greenscreen question - foreground object needs to move in sync with a background object.

What you're asking for is called motion tracking. That's not a feature available in any Pinnacle Studio's version.
  •  10-16-2013, 3:03 607499 in reply to 607496

Re: Re:Greenscreen question - foreground object needs to move in sync with a background object.

. . .  however, rather than use your intended workaround, you might want to try JPs Transform Effect using key frames.  This is part of a free set of plug-ins that has been around since Studio 9, but it works up through version 15.  And although it is free, I suggest making a small donation to its developer if you find it useful. Angel
  •  10-16-2013, 21:22 607610 in reply to 607499

Re: Re:Greenscreen question - foreground object needs to move in sync with a background object.

Whenever I need to do camera tracking (or Motion Tracking) I use a free program call Blender there are a lot of tutorials on how to get it to camera track. But to track accurately your video needs to be shot in progressive and not Interlace. If is Interlace you will have to make some hand adjustments (Usually).
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy