Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Reinstall Studio 14

Last post 10-08-2013, 20:38 by gjslaw. 19 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-14-2013, 8:05 601793

Reinstall Studio 14

I need to reinstall my Studio 14 on my PC as I had a crash and needed to reinstall the windows.

When I try to install Studio 14 I am asked for the code.

The code I have been provided when I purchased the software in 2011 does not work.

How do I download the software again? Can I get a new code from somewhere?

There is no support anywhere. My user id and password provided to user account.avid.com. does not work.

Where can I find help with installation? and how do I get a new code? can anyone help????/

•  08-14-2013, 8:26 601798 in reply to 601793

Re: Reinstall Studio 14

When you make a fresh install of Studio, you will be given a different passport number. When prompted to register you program, use the same email address you have previously registered. Open Studio 14 and on the help menu select regenerate activation keys and all activation keys (new keys) will be given to you.

If you have problems you can also try here.

•  08-14-2013, 8:58 601807 in reply to 601798

Thanks R_Vera.

I cannot open the Studio as I cannot install it. I do not know where to get the passport number from. I have the original email when I purchased the software but the code does not work. The instruction you sent link to says: "To locate your product's passport number, go to the Help menu in your application and select “About”".

To do this I need to have the application open but I cannot do it as I cannot install it without this number. 

•  08-14-2013, 9:52 601810 in reply to 601807

Is your Studio 14 an upgrade version or full version?

I think that you may be needing the activation key and not the passport number (my opinion). The activation Key should be somewhere either inside the plastic cover or DVD paper cover (sticker).

The codes are all letters and no numbers

UPDATE: If you continue having problems with your activation key, send a PM to glus and he can help you out with your activation issue.

•  08-15-2013, 3:04 601892 in reply to 601810

Yes. I need an activation key. I received Studio 14 upgrade as a download from internet and received activation key by email. This activation key does not work now for some reason.
  •  08-15-2013, 4:33 601900 in reply to 601892

Unlike passport, the licence key does not depend on the computer the software is installed on. Thus, the one you own should work.

What needs to be regenerated is unlock keys for some fetaures or additional content.

As Ramon said, PM glus or a moderator providing a proof of purchase.

•  08-15-2013, 4:52 601904 in reply to 601900

Thank you guys. I PM glus and i am waiting for a reply.
  •  08-15-2013, 6:18 601917 in reply to 601904

Hi All. Thanks for help but I solved my problem. I skipped a registration process and it let me enter code I had and installed Studio 14.
  •  09-03-2013, 15:45 603592 in reply to 601810

R_Vera

I have a simular problem, could you help me?

I own V14 full with DVD disc and all of my activation codes and can't re-install my studio either.  

Here's what started this...I Downloaded a TRAIL version of 15... opened looked around and decided I wasn't going to pay for the upgrade... my V14 was gonna have to do for now. 

I tried to open my V14 and got a message about another version on my computer, so I un-installed V15, re-stared computer, and got the same message.  Did some research online, went in and deleted everything related to V15, even in the REG.

All to only get the same message, another version is installed on your computer.

Could you, or someone, give me a list/steps to remove all of V15 so I can re-install my version 14?

I would appreciate your help

Jody 

•  09-04-2013, 8:59 603654 in reply to 603592

Have you tried by uninstalling both programs (Studio 14 and Studio 15) and by removing all studio files in your computer (manually and making a backup just in case you may need them) including the pixie file (make a backup copy before removing it) and then just re-install Studio 14 back again.

I am not quite sure about your previous projects you made on Studio 15 if it may be opened in Studio 14?

You may also want to try first by removing Studio 15 (add/remove) from your computer and then go manually into your program files (c drive) and remove all Studio 15 files manually. You may also need to check in all locations in your c drive too.

•  09-04-2013, 17:24 603709 in reply to 603592

Thread continued here.
  •  10-06-2013, 21:59 606477 in reply to 603709

I have been running Pinnacle Studio Ultimat Ver 14 since I purchased it without problems. Suddenly the sound disappeared when I tried to add a voice over to my project. I tried to reinstall the softwre and got an invalid message when I tried to put the serial number in the registration. I followed your instruction but it would not give me another number. Where do I go to get this number.

taric

•  10-06-2013, 22:41 606478 in reply to 606477

What number are you referring to? Is it the passport number.

If you successfully removed all previous folders of Pinnacle Studio (including the Pixie File) you should be able to get a new passport number. If you plan to remove the pixie file I would strongly recommend you to save that file in another hard drive or thumb drive for future use. Do you have your video and audio cards updated too. Sometimes when something goes wrong in Studio that may indicate that maybe a program got corrupted. You may want to either repair or remove the program and start from new (which you stated you have done it several times already).

As per your profile, I believe you are running your program under Windows 2000?

•  10-07-2013, 4:14 606496 in reply to 606477

taric:

I have been running Pinnacle Studio Ultimat Ver 14 since I purchased it without problems. Suddenly the sound disappeared when I tried to add a voice over to my project. I tried to reinstall the softwre and got an invalid message when I tried to put the serial number in the registration. I followed your instruction but it would not give me another number. Where do I go to get this number.

taric

Read Ramon's Post above, first.

Uninstalling Studio removes the Pixie Folder containing the original Registration  Details. Hence the reason for the request to enter that information again, when Reinstalling.

If the Serial number you've entered returns an Invalid Serial Number Error Message, that could be due to S14 being an Upgrade from a previous Version. In which case you need to enter that Version's Serial Number & then the Upgrade.

You need to confirm the above. If yes - Your Upgrade history & whether from Program Disk or Download.?

@ Ramon - S10 & above were written for XP & won't Install on W2000. I think taric's System Specs need updating Wink 

•  10-07-2013, 18:11 606583 in reply to 606496

I have had a run of several years of good luck so I did not update my profile. I've done that now. I am running win7 on an HP AMD Athlon computer. My luck just ran out and I remember the days of Studio DV when you celebrated if you got a 20 minute video to disk. First the sound on my S14 stopped. It happened when I added some voice over. I remove the clip but sound hasn't returned. Now none of my projects have sound if brought into S14. If anyone has some advice I would appreciate it. OK so I decided to reinstall S14 and when I put the SN in it says its invalid. My S14 is an update so I tried the SN from my S9. ( I have Studio DV, S7, S8, S9, S14.) That was also invalid. I tried to install S9 but the message comes back that I need to be the administrator. I am the administrator. I checked it with my Control panel User Account which confirmed it. So I am at a loss. Studio is still the most frustrating software in the world. I give up. By the way I downloaded a trial S16. It does not recognise the projects from my S14. Great.

Any advice would save my sanity.

•  10-07-2013, 18:35 606586 in reply to 606583

taric:

By the way I downloaded a trial S16. It does not recognise the projects from my S14. Great.

Even when you used the file menu option to Import previous Pinnacle Studio projects? That normally "recognises" them, even if it doesn't get all the effects and audio correct. What error messages did you get?

•  10-07-2013, 18:59 606588 in reply to 606583

When you put your serial number make sure you are using letters only. No numbers are in the serial number.

Have you tried making a new user account in your computer and tried installing S14 in there.

If nothing works, then my last suggestion will be to reformat your whole computer. Make sure you make a backup of all your files, projects, pixie file, etc before attempting this. Maybe you might have a corrupted file in your computer.

Did you had S14 on a previous version of your computer? XP, etc.

•  10-07-2013, 22:49 606593 in reply to 606583

UPDATE: I just installed Studio 14 UC to my W7 Desktop and I did not get any errors at all (except for the screen color resolution, but that is normal). My Studio version is not an upgrade. It did not specified for me to enter a previous serial number to install it. Maybe your computer has some files missing or corrupted.
  •  10-08-2013, 18:25 606709 in reply to 606586

I use " Import previous Pinnacle Studio Projects..." then a new smaller window (white) appears for 5 or 10 seconds then the S16 closes. If I restart S16 the same thing happens again.

If S16 works I could forget S14 and move on but I may finally after many years of patient suffering I may switch to some other editing programme. I am told that Premier is a good alternative.

•  10-08-2013, 20:38 606713 in reply to 606709

taric:
    I am told that Premier is a good alternative.
    Sure,  . . .  if you want to spend at least $240 per year in perpetuity for a subscription.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy