Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 11 upgrade install (serial number invalid?)

Last post 06-17-2013, 21:16 by R_Vera. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-17-2013, 10:21 595896

Studio 11 upgrade install (serial number invalid?)

Any suggestions?  I originally started with version 7 years ago and then upgraded to 8 and then to 11 Plus/Ultimate.  My computer crashed and I'm trying to reinstall 11.  I no longer have my version 7 CD, but have the upgrade CD for 8.  It seems to take that okay as the prior version to install the upgrade CD for Version 11. 

I enter the 10 digit code, too for the prior version (8), but when asked to put in my serial # for Version 11 it says it is invalid.

I've tried to zero and letter O and I thing, but still nothing.  I'm reading it off the cd holder - right off the label.

I've cleaned the registry, etc. 

Any thoughts?  Does it have something to do with having the upgrade 8 and not my original 7 anymore?  

Thanks

•  06-17-2013, 15:50 595946 in reply to 595896

Re: Studio 11 upgrade install (serial number invalid?)

Sidboxman:

Any suggestions?  I originally started with version 7 years ago and then upgraded to 8 and then to 11 Plus/Ultimate.  My computer crashed and I'm trying to reinstall 11.  I no longer have my version 7 CD, but have the upgrade CD for 8.  It seems to take that okay as the prior version to install the upgrade CD for Version 11. 

I enter the 10 digit code, too for the prior version (8), but when asked to put in my serial # for Version 11 it says it is invalid.

I've tried to zero and letter O and I thing, but still nothing.  I'm reading it off the cd holder - right off the label.

I've cleaned the registry, etc. 

Any thoughts?  Does it have something to do with having the upgrade 8 and not my original 7 anymore?  

Thanks

Does it have something to do with having the upgrade 8 and not my original 7 anymore?

Probably - I think you needed the Full Version Serial Number/Activation Key upto S14, when the previous Version would suffice.

Anyway try this if you haven't already done-so:

1) Insert S11 Program Disk

2) Insert S8 Program Disk while holding -down the Shift key, to prevent the Initial Installer Bar, when requested to do-so by S11.

3) Enter S8 Serial Number.

4) Re-insert S11 Disk when requested to do-so

5) Enter S11 Serial number.

Upgrades read the previous Version Pixie Folder Registration Info, which might include the previous Version to that Registration info.

Anyone-else? 

•  06-17-2013, 18:12 595949 in reply to 595946

Thank you for responding.  There must be something still in my registry (?) that is causing the problem/conflict.  I decided to try it on my laptop.  It is installing there with no problems.
  •  06-17-2013, 21:16 595953 in reply to 595896

I have just installed Studio 11 to my computer (W7) due to my computer also crashed on me this weekend and I did not had any problems when installing Studio 11. I just inserted the disc and continued with the installation without any problems at all. I think my Studio 11 is not an upgradable version. If you registered your Studio programs before, you may get to see the activation keys here.

I continued installing all of my Studio programs (up to Studio 14) and did not encounter any problems during the installation (well...I got an error that I was on low disc space, but was resoved immediately Big Smile).

There may be another area where you can get your activation keys, but maybe someone else can give you better details on it.

I am not quite sure if Studio 11 might be compatible with Windows 8

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy