Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

User account message re: 151bfa.msi

Last post 06-16-2013, 15:36 by David Hunt. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-16-2013, 14:53 595839

User account message re: 151bfa.msi

When I start S15 I am getting a "User Account Control" window asking "Do you want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer" followed by the line: "C:\Windows\Installer\151bfa.msi". (All attempts to take a PrtScn fail)

I've checked for this file on my system and I've googled it, etc with no results, so I'm at a loss to know what this means. However Studio starts regardless of whether I answer yes or no. If I start with "Run as Administrator" Studio starts without this message but I don't want use this option permanantly if I can avoid this as it still asks for permission..

Any ideas about this? 

•  06-16-2013, 15:36 595844 in reply to 595839

Re: User account message re: 151bfa.msi

The msi's are in the C:/ Windows/ Installer folder but you would need to unhide protected system files in order to see them. In any case there would be no point in doing so.  The name of the msi means nothing to me (or anyone else) as the name is specific to your particular installation.

Are you running S15 in an account for which you are an administrator, or is it an added normal account. You may need to change the permissions.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy