Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Hollywood FX: Transitions not previewing or rendering properly

Last post 04-05-2013, 5:41 by R_Vera. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-16-2013, 17:39 579332

Hollywood FX: Transitions not previewing or rendering properly

Hello,

I am using Pinnacle Studio 14 in conjunction with Studio 11 and 12 (just the bonus content and what not), and I'm having issues with the Hollywood FX transition packs. They all transfered over okay into Studio 14, but aside from the 2D Transitions and 3D Magic (the first two packs listed), the rest will not preview properly. They just flicker in the preview window. If I attempt to add them into my project, they do not even show up properly in between clips. I tried downloading the K-Light Codec packs in the hopes that it was just a codec issue, but the problem still occurs. If anyone has any suggestions to help remedy this issue, I would be most appreciative. In case it's needed, I'll list my computer's specs below, or at least the specs I know off the top of my head. Please let me know if more information is needed. Thank you all in advance. :)

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1)

Processor: Intel Core i7 (running at 3.6Ghz)

Ram: 32GB Quad Channel DDR3

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (x2), totaling 3GB

•  02-17-2013, 21:52 579502 in reply to 579332

Re: Hollywood FX: Transitions not previewing or rendering properly

I may not be sure about this but believe your graphic cards may be doing this (you mentioned X2). Try by removing one card to see what happens. You may also want to do a repair on Studio 14 to see if it gets corrected.

Also update your graphics card at: www.nvidia.com

•  03-06-2013, 6:04 582328 in reply to 579502

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the issue is still occuring even after trying those potential fixes. I appreciate the help though. Is there anything else I might be able to try in order to fix the problem?
  •  03-06-2013, 8:56 582337 in reply to 582328

These same FX played back fine before with S12?
  •  03-06-2013, 22:40 582431 in reply to 582337

Well, they worked fine on my last computer regardless of which version of Studio I was running. It's just my new computer's configuration seems to have caused some issue with the previewing and rendering of the transitions. I don't really know why this would be though, since my new computer configuration is leaps and bounds ahead of my old computer's.
  •  03-08-2013, 8:25 582641 in reply to 582431

Ok, how about listing your computer specs (see mine below)? Have you updated the graphics drivers? None of the versions of Studio work in preview? Are you editing the same type of video files?
  •  03-13-2013, 16:43 583652 in reply to 582641

I listed my computer's specs in the initial post of this thread but if you need the exact specs, I would have to look that up. I have the latest drivers installed for my graphics cards but that didn't fix the issue.

I do experience something odd on occasion however. Sometimes (not always though) when I start up Studio (any version, whether it be 11, 12, or 14), if I preview the transitions, they preview just fine, but the second I add anything into the timeline, they go back to not previewing properly. Any idea why this might be?

I am still editing the same video(s) that I had been on my old PC. Basically nothing else has changed other than the hardware itself.

•  03-13-2013, 17:17 583656 in reply to 579332

In my opinion I think that it may be either the video card or that you may have too much ram in your computer, but most likely will be the video card.

Maybe the program did not got properly installed. Try repairing it.

•  03-28-2013, 5:55 586152 in reply to 583656

You could try turning background rendering on or off to see if that makes any difference...
  •  03-29-2013, 8:14 586339 in reply to 586152

If it worked fine on your "old" computer, but not on this one, then it is a hardware conflict somewhere. Have you disabled one of your video cards in SLI? Updated all the Nvidia drivers?
  •  04-04-2013, 21:33 587436 in reply to 586339

Turning background rendering off did not fix the issue. Thank you for the suggestion though. I really do appreciate everyone's help.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a hardware issue. I have disabled one of the graphics cards and it did not fix the issue either. All the graphic drivers are up to date as well. I didn't think one could have too much RAM. At this point though, I might just try a different video editing program. I will continue to check back on this thread though and again, thank you all for your assistance. It honestly is greatly appreciated.

•  04-05-2013, 5:41 587480 in reply to 579332

Try doing a repair on all Studio Programs you have installed in your computer. Maybe something went wrong in one of them.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy