Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 14 Ultimate - Invalid Serial Key

Last post 04-03-2013, 2:04 by jook. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-02-2013, 17:07 586989

Studio 14 Ultimate - Invalid Serial Key

My Studio 14 install that I have is no longer accepting my serial key - it says it is invalid.  Is this something to do with the software being sold to Corel?  What is the best way of getting this working?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.
  •  04-02-2013, 18:15 586995 in reply to 586989

Re: Studio 14 Ultimate - Invalid Serial Key

Studio does not call home for that data. I do not have studio 14 loaded, but check your serial number carefully. There do not use zero's or ones's, they use ooo's and iiii's. Also check to make sure your entering a serial key (the key on the CD folder) and not activation key, they look the similarly.
  •  04-03-2013, 2:04 587016 in reply to 586995

Re: Studio 14 Ultimate - Invalid Serial Key

Thank you.  I know the serial was correct because I copied and pasted from a text document where I had it stored.  I got it working further this morning (after a reboot -I had previously run the microsoft install cleaner to remove the previous version as it was giving an error about another version being installed when I tried to remove it via control panel.).  This time it asked if I was upgrading or repair/new install.  It accepted my serial on the new install, so I guess before it was expecting an upgrade key.  But it did still error later on about not having permission to write the serial key. 

"Error 1402. Could not open key: UNKOWN\Components\" with a lot of numbers and letters.  "Verify that you have sufficent access to that key".

I am on windows 8 64 bit which has worked on a previous install.  I can only guess the uninstaller has left things in a bad state now. 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy