Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Where are the "LIQUID" programmers

Last post 01-24-2013, 12:36 by VE7AXO. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-20-2013, 15:26 572606

Where are the "LIQUID" programmers

Dear Friends,

I have tried out a lot of editing programs and even beta tested some but none come close to Liquid. Yes, Liquid has reached EOL but I've still to find another editing app that was as good as Liquid. 

What I miss most is and the way it was implemented in Liquid is :-

1 Match Frame

2.Clip marker on any track and can be named just by clicking on the marker

3.Trim window

4.Colour correction

5.Tool placement (Un-cluttered)

6.Matte Track

7.Multicam ..... just to mention some which as far as I am concerned were the best I've seen. 

I could go on and on. Dear "Liquid programmers"  re-write Liquid for the later operating systems and yes again there were a few extras that we wanted for Eg. to place a transition on multiple clips in one operation and a few others that were asked on this forum and I am sure that there would be a whole lot of faithful Liquid users that would buy it. You guys are out there (Liquid Programmers), so do it. Don't re-invent it, just "polish" with Quick Sync, Avcdh etc.

I just purchased another Editing program and to mark a clip was one hell of a mission. (How I miss Liquid)

I am sure that Liquid was not written by programmers, but by Editors who knew what we all wanted.

Avid Studio (Next Gen) is a far cry from Liquid not to mention crude and clumsy.

Food for thought......Vish Maharaj 

•  01-22-2013, 21:08 573096 in reply to 572606

Re: Where are the "LIQUID" programmers

I'm in the same boat as you.. I keep coming back to this forum hoping for a miracle announcement that Liquid will be redone by Corel! Have you tried Edius?? I actually just bought the crossgrade of edius 6.5.. I did their 30 day trial and its fairly similar to Liquid but its not Liquid.. However I can tell you that Edius is alot more stable than Liquid from what I test out..
  •  01-23-2013, 12:02 573199 in reply to 573096

pln0ygunz:
    I'm in the same boat as you.. I keep coming back to this forum hoping for a miracle announcement that Liquid will be redone by Corel! Have you tried Edius?? I actually just bought the crossgrade of edius 6.5.. I did their 30 day trial and its fairly similar to Liquid but its not Liquid.. However I can tell you that Edius is alot more stable than Liquid from what I test out..

Yes, Edius is very similar to Liquid, and yes, it is NOT Liquid.  I still use Liquid while learning Media Composer.  I keep one boot drive with Win XP and Liquid on one of my computers and use that as needed.

I would say that there is zero chance of Liquid being resurrected.  Did Corel even buy the Liquid code with the Pinnacle purchase?

•  01-24-2013, 3:58 573378 in reply to 573199

I wish I can still use liquid.. I'm mostly shooting canon dslrs and liquid cannot read the files and don't want to transcode the files.. Good luck with mc.. Are you learning mc5?? I bought the upgrade that they gave liquid owners but just really hated mc.. My advice is too just unlearn everything you know! Don't think about how you can do this in liquid faster.. It will just frustrate you..
  •  01-24-2013, 12:36 573559 in reply to 573378

pln0ygunz:
    I wish I can still use liquid.. I'm mostly shooting canon dslrs and liquid cannot read the files and don't want to transcode the files.. Good luck with mc.. Are you learning mc5?? I bought the upgrade that they gave liquid owners but just really hated mc.. My advice is too just unlearn everything you know! Don't think about how you can do this in liquid faster.. It will just frustrate you..

I also bought the upgrade from Liquid to MC.  I have been going through Douglas' excellent tutorials and find that in some ways MC is not much different, but in others Liquid's workflow is a bit more elegant.  No question that MC's media managent is awesome.  I have also taken advantage of the $149.00 upgrade to MC 6 last year, but am waiting to get a new computer with Win 7 before installing.

For the time being I am still using Liquid and for media formats that are not compatible with Liquid, I do use conversion software.  I use two free ones, namely FormatFactory and AnyVideoConverter.  LewS also has suggested on numerous occasions that Aunsoft converter is excellent, although it costs a bit to buy.  I would suggest to try one of the many converters out there and regardless of the specifications, see for yourself if the converted video looks any worse than before the conversion.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy