Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Comment, on new features requests

Last post 01-16-2013, 18:09 by Johnmg. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-20-2012, 15:39 536393

Comment, on new features requests

It would be nice if first Avid would fix the forum so it works better with the iPad. Please fix, avid. Le me know if there is an email for the webmaster or forum administrator. This must be fixed!! :-(

Commenting on mine and others feature requests. It would be nice if we new weather Avid is even working on any of these suggestions or if our voices are going unheard. I realize that Avid might not want to update the iPad version because they make much more money selling the Desktop version. For an incentive to update the iPad version I at lest am willing to pad $10-$20 more for new features as in my feature request list. You,Avid could make these new features an in app upgrade. I just love my iPad over using a computer and hate going back to my computer to do editing I know could be done on my iPad with the right app updates.

Pall suggestions are great. So I feel are no brainer updates and should be automaticlly update without question like an ipad3 renting display update, and ipad3/iPhone 4s 1080p update. Comeon these are updates that most all other apps in the app store automaticlly send out without question. I don't this at least that is to much to ask.

Pas you can see I have make some typing errors that it is just to had on my iPad to go Bach and correct so bare with me.

As for FTP transfer I suggested we all are aware of how big video files are and that even the 64GB iPad version is very small. We must have a way to access files on extenal storage either through FTP or NAS storage. I would like to see both as an option. I am thinking cof getting the Hyperdrrive colorspace for iPad HDD device and the CloudFTP device as a way to store my photos and video files plus Royalty Free music files. But there is not really any FTP apps out there that can transfer files to the photo library and the musc library on my iPad. As in the current version of avid for the iPad the only way I can access music is through the iPod's music library. But I cannot transfer my Royalty Free music to the music library. Maybe through iTunes but why mak it that hard. At least the app Filebrowser can sort of transfer files to the photo library from my NAS storage ( apple Time Capsule HDD). But can not transfer my music. I can not finish my two projects I am working on untill ci can get my Royalty Free music onto my iPad so Avid can access the files. This is very frustrating to say the least. Some app have some of the pieces I need but come up just a smidgen short of being the piece to the puzzle I need.

That's all I have to comment on for now.

John Gerard 

•  06-20-2012, 20:04 536412 in reply to 536393

Re: Comment, on new features requests

johng1@pacbell.net:

It would be nice if first Avid would fix the forum so it works better with the iPad. Please fix, avid. Le me know if there is an email for the webmaster or forum administrator. This must be fixed!! :-(

Commenting on mine and others feature requests. It would be nice if we new weather Avid is even working on any of these suggestions or if our voices are going unheard. I realize that Avid might not want to update the iPad version because they make much more money selling the Desktop version. For an incentive to update the iPad version I at lest am willing to pad $10-$20 more for new features as in my feature request list. You,Avid could make these new features an in app upgrade. I just love my iPad over using a computer and hate going back to my computer to do editing I know could be done on my iPad with the right app updates.

Pall suggestions are great. So I feel are no brainer updates and should be automaticlly update without question like an ipad3 renting display update, and ipad3/iPhone 4s 1080p update. Comeon these are updates that most all other apps in the app store automaticlly send out without question. I don't this at least that is to much to ask.

Pas you can see I have make some typing errors that it is just to had on my iPad to go Bach and correct so bare with me.

As for FTP transfer I suggested we all are aware of how big video files are and that even the 64GB iPad version is very small. We must have a way to access files on extenal storage either through FTP or NAS storage. I would like to see both as an option. I am thinking cof getting the Hyperdrrive colorspace for iPad HDD device and the CloudFTP device as a way to store my photos and video files plus Royalty Free music files. But there is not really any FTP apps out there that can transfer files to the photo library and the musc library on my iPad. As in the current version of avid for the iPad the only way I can access music is through the iPod's music library. But I cannot transfer my Royalty Free music to the music library. Maybe through iTunes but why mak it that hard. At least the app Filebrowser can sort of transfer files to the photo library from my NAS storage ( apple Time Capsule HDD). But can not transfer my music. I can not finish my two projects I am working on untill ci can get my Royalty Free music onto my iPad so Avid can access the files. This is very frustrating to say the least. Some app have some of the pieces I need but come up just a smidgen short of being the piece to the puzzle I need.

That's all I have to comment on for now.

John Gerard 

Thanks for your feedback John. Please let me assure you that your voices are being heard. We cannot possible satisfy every request, but we collect the data and try to add the more often requested features first. For example, the last update brought you Voiceover, Multiline titles, 14 new transitions, and more... All these features have been requested by users like yourself. So, you did the right thing posting here. There will be updates. We're committed to making the app better.

•  01-16-2013, 18:09 571838 in reply to 536412

Re: Comment, on new features requests

Thank you for the comment that someone is reading these posts. Posting on this forum using my iPad3 just does not work and is really frustrating to say the least. I think it might have something to do with the screen refresh function used. Since this update about FTP/NAS storage. I bought the Hyperdrive udma2 unit to store my photos and video clips. This unit connects to the iPad and Wi-fi. Either in Adhoc mode or infrastructure mode. I can either copy my video clips to a SD memory card and transfer my clips to the ipad via the Camera connection kit or by using the apps FileBrowser or FileExplorer or Flesconnect. I like the first two apps the best. This works pretty well for me. I have learned to use several different apps in my workflow instead of the mindset of having one app for now that does everything. I also use Videograde which is a great app, Artstudio and Photoforge2 to retouch Photos, and DispRecorder to record my screen sequences as a movie file. Since Pinacle studio currently does not have a way to capture a still image from a video clip one could play a video with the iPads built in player and use the iPads built in screen capture feature to create still photos then import these captured photos into Pinnacle Studio. This is one workaround for now. as I stated before in another post if Pinnacle Studio could output full widescreen without any menu bars in the full screen mode and incorporate the function like the function on the timeline where I could just swipe my finger left and right to advance the video in a slow motion fashion then i could record such slow motion using the app DispRecorder. Then I could import the video clip into Pinnacle Studio and drag the clip into the time line. I don't think this would be as complicated as it sounds from a users perspective. I think this is a better solution than using keyframes in a program like Adobe Premiere Pro. For those users that have the product Jog Shuttle Pro try using it to advance your video forwards and backwards at ease. From very slow single stepping to very fast like fast forward and then just as easily one can twist the Shuttle Jog dial to rewind the footage. Using this product is what gave me the above slow-motion idea. Since the app DisplayRecorder already exists to capture my screen movements. John Gerard
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy