Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Formatting text in Photoshop to look good on video

Last post 05-10-2012, 12:08 by avguy570. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-10-2012, 12:08 530670

Formatting text in Photoshop to look good on video

Hello,

For years I have been using Photoshop to create the text/graphics/cgs that I use in Liquid, but I'm never quite happy with the results. It looks fine when I'm editing, but after the video gets posted to Vimeo the text doesn't look great to me.  Here's my work flow:  Liquid sequence > Fuse as uncompressed .avi > use Sorenson's Vimeo/YouTube preset to convert to .mp4.   

Are there certain settings in Photoshop I should be using to ensure text looks best in the digital form?  For example, I see in the 'Character' panel I can set the 'anti aliasing method.' Which one should I use? 

What about when I create my 'New Image' to begin with?  I select the Film/Video setting > then NTSC DV for size (I'm still editing SD video 720 x 480). This shows me the safe areas for text/video. Are there other settings I should be changing - like 'Color Profile' or 'Pixel Aspect Ratio'? 

Maybe I'm just limited by the SD format or I need to change some settings in Sorenson, but I'm sure I've seen SD video (text) on line that looks a lot better than mine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy