in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Cable for transferring from a 8mm Camcorder through the Dazzle Device?

Last post 08-11-2011, 10:02 by ghuck. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-11-2011, 8:00 486436

    Cable for transferring from a 8mm Camcorder through the Dazzle Device?

    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

    I purchased the Pinnacle Video Capture and Video Transfer (Dazzle).

    One of the cables that come with the device has 1 video (yellow) and 2 audio lines (Red & White).  One end plugs into the Dazzle device, the other into a VCR.

    I need to connect the Dazzle to a Sharp Camcorder (VL-E765U) that uses 8mm tape.  The Camcorder comes with a cable where one end plugs into audio/video jack on the Camcorder, but the other end only has 1 audio jack, so I plug it into the left audio and only get 1/2 the audio.

    Does anyone know where I can get a cable that has the jack that plugs into the Camcorder on one end and has the 3 connectors at the other end - Video (yellow), Audio (red and white)?  What do I call such a cable?

  •  08-11-2011, 10:02 486447 in reply to 486436

    Re: Cable for transferring from a 8mm Camcorder through the Dazzle Device?

    The best way to solve this when you have a camera that only has mono audio, is to go to any electronics store (Radio shack, Best Buy), and purchase a RCA 'Y' cable, you will plug the camcorder audio into this cable, and this cable will have too connectors to plug into the left/right audio on the dazzle. For the stuff you already captured, I think the audio plugging in studio called "ChannelTool" will let you mix the channels, I don't have any video with mono audio to test with, but I think that will also work.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy