Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

sound problem need filter to filter out a clicking sound on sound track its like a 60 Hz

Last post 07-26-2011, 19:21 by danvidman. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-12-2011, 14:22 482178

sound problem need filter to filter out a clicking sound on sound track its like a 60 Hz

HI: I used a firewire camera input directly to computer I monitered the sound and it was ok.  but on the sound track during editing thers this harsh clicking sound I think its one freq but need software to analyse the sound and filter it out if possible.  does any body have any ideas what software to ananlyze the sound track that is not to expensive that I could use as it is a special drama and have several clients that want a copy.  Any help would be apreciated

Dan Mericle Sr

•  07-14-2011, 17:07 482549 in reply to 482178

Re: sound problem need filter to filter out a clicking sound on sound track its like a 60 Hz

What Studio version are you using? Also, have you verified that this is being caused by your video and the program? You can look on this site for tools in editing, just select on what you prefer.
  •  07-14-2011, 22:07 482583 in reply to 482549

Re: sound problem need filter to filter out a clicking sound on sound track its like a 60 Hz

Try taking a look at some of the bias sound soap software, results will very depending on what type of noise you have, but they have a free trail with most of there version.
  •  07-26-2011, 19:21 484202 in reply to 482583

HI: thanks Lemic I will try the Audacity software I found at the Video Help site.  Thanks Ghuck Bias Sound soap Software is real Expensive and the trial versions are crippled wont let you save or fades the sound after 3 minutes and limits how much audio you can filter to about 1.5 minutes.  but thanks for the pointers. To answer your Question Lemic I was using a sony HD camera with firewire output the sound comes from a 12 channel sound board via a XLR to XLR input to the camera then into my Computer using Studio 15 DV capture mode.  I moniterd the sound both at the camera and the output of the sound output of the computer. The sound was clear and good like it always is ive used this method many times and it always worked before.  But this time during edit of the 1.5 hour church service a "special drama" there is this popping/crackle noise that drowns out the regular audio.  Its intemittent thru out the whole video. Well thanks for the help I will try several sound anallyzer software programs and see if I can filter out the noise or at least reduce the amplitude enough to be able to hear the regular audio and be so harsh on the ears.

Dan Mericle Sr

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy