Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 15 and Hfx

Last post 03-20-2011, 13:13 by Declic_Video. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-08-2011, 17:21 459424

Studio 15 and Hfx

Having posted elsewhere on the forum about this I apologise in advance for what may seem like repetition, but as I probably didn't phrase the question(s) well last time I thought I'd try again

Currently I'm setting up a new PC with W-7 and so far everthing is going according to plan. S12+ runs, bonus content from S11 BD has been transfered and appears to work.

What I am thinking of doing is upgrading to S15u, in the meantime I have loaded the S15 trial and it seems to be working Ok

In the promotion for S15u it says that Hollywood Fx vol 1,2 & 3 come with S15 and S15u but when I downoaded and installed the 30 day trial version there doesn't seem to be any Hfx included. ( I can, and have, used the transfer wizard to transfer the available content from the S10+ bonus disc but that doesn't have vol 1,2 & 3 unless I buy them).
    The trial was downloaded from HERE

My questions are,
    1. Should the trial have included Hfx ?
    2. If I buy a licence on line before the trial expires where does Hfx come from ?
    3. If I buy the retail (boxed) version Does the Hollywood Fx volumes 1, 2 & 3 come as part of  the installation and if so are they fully unlocked ?

Also,
    I currently own and run the Hfx editor which came with S10+ and I have installed this on the new PC and it appears to run Ok although I haven't got a new activation key yet so it's not integrated with Studio yet.

So next question:
    Assuming that the documentation is correct and and Hfx V 1,2 & 3 come with S15 is there an Hfx Editor included in the package or do I have to install the one which came with S10+ and get a new activation key for the new PC, also if an editor is included is it unlocked or is there more to pay ?

It would seem to me that if as the comparison chart HERE states, that the value for the included Hollywood package is $160 the answers to some of the above questions should be "Yes" but as yet I can't get any confirmation.

Has anyone any definative answers on the above ?

•  03-09-2011, 12:40 459742 in reply to 459424

Re: Studio 15 and Hfx

My questions are,
    2. If I buy a licence on line before the trial expires where does Hfx come from ?
    3. If I buy the retail (boxed) version Does the Hollywood Fx volumes 1, 2 & 3 come as part of  the installation and if so are they fully unlocked ?.

The PS15 trial does not contain HFX's the full version does.

•  03-09-2011, 14:08 459778 in reply to 459742

I sent you an email.

Don 

•  03-09-2011, 16:33 459813 in reply to 459742

Raff_Uy:

My questions are,
    3. If I buy the retail (boxed) version Does the Hollywood Fx volumes 1, 2 & 3 come as part of  the installation and if so are they fully unlocked ?.

The PS15 trial does not contain HFX's the full version does.

Thanks Raff,

What about the editor, do you know if one is included
    and are the Vols 1,2,3 UNLOCKED ?

Mick

•  03-10-2011, 13:03 460189 in reply to 459778

cuartetto:

I sent you an email.

Don 

Hi Don,

Unfortunately I had the email feature turned off,
    Appreciate if you could re-send it

Mick

•  03-10-2011, 16:32 460268 in reply to 460189

Something appears to be wrong here, I think I'm sending a pm to Raff.

Don

•  03-11-2011, 18:06 460609 in reply to 459813

Its unlocked, for the HFX editor check out this FAQ. 
  •  03-12-2011, 16:29 460836 in reply to 460609

Raff_Uy:

Its unlocked, for the HFX editor check out this FAQ. 

Thank you for your reply Raff.
    From your reply I understand that Vol 1, 2, & 3 of the effects are unlocked, thank you for that information.

Unfortunately the FAQ you linked to only refers to the transfer/installation of content PREVIOUSLY purchased and does not tell me if there is an editor included in S15u.

I am aware that I can use previously purchased content using the transfer wizard and have done this in the past successfully.
    I don't think you can use this proceedure to transfer a program such as the Hfx editor, I think that like most programs the editor has to be installed from a disc or downloaded file.

Let me clarify what I am trying to do>
    I have previously purchased the Hfx editor and also Vol 1 of the Hfx effects.
    Currently I have installed S12+ on to a new PC with windows 7, and it works well.
    I can use the transfer wizard to transfer Vol 1 of the Hfx effects to the PC from my S11 bonus disc and regenerate the activation code for this.
    I have not previously activated volumes 2 or 3 and therefore cannot regenerate activation keys these volumes.
    However if S15u comes with Vol 1,2 & 3 and they are all unlocked versions then I will most likely purchase S15u.

The next step would be to install a version of the Hfx editor, this I can do using my existing version which came with S10+ and I can also regenerate the activation key for this (because it is a previously purchased product).

The first reason for asking if an editor was included in the S15u package was that inclusion would simplify installation and all the programs would be in the one place (disc).
    The second reason for asking was that with regard to Win 7 there are some issues with transfering previously purchased Hollywood Fx and installing the Hfx Editor ver 6. These issues I believe are due to the different layouts of directories and subdirectories between XP and Win7. 

The issues relate to accessing edited and saved Fx from within Studio and also Fx which have been dowloaded from the Declic site neither of which show up in from within Studio because the "Custom" and "Declic" folders do not show up  in Studio. I am hoping to post a more detailed question either on the DV site or open a new thread on this forum with more details after I have tested further

So I am still seeking an answer as to whether the S15u installation includes an editor for Hollywood Fx.

Mick

•  03-20-2011, 13:13 462784 in reply to 460836

Mick Bentley:

{...}
    So I am still seeking an answer as to whether the S15u installation includes an editor for Hollywood Fx.
    {...}

Currently, S15 does not fully support HFX. If you create an HFX using Easy FX Editor, you can not export it to HFZ and extract it... You need to manually do something. We just release a batch tool (Repare-HFX-AVID-Vis32/64-Sev32/64) which is automating the process, we will send additionnal information later on.... (sorry, no time today, we are working hard to launch these tools, to test S15, AVID Studio... No, 2 softwares instead of one !) But to answer your question, S15 is not provided with Easy FX Editor. You need to buy the key called HFX Creator (see our HFX FAQ #16, it's explained).

DV FX

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy