Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Selling raffle tickets (?)

Last post 10-04-2007, 11:58 by MRMellen. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-04-2007, 11:58 45520

Selling raffle tickets (?)

For two years in a row, I was in productions of A Tuna Christmas. This is one of a trilogy of plays about the residents of a small Texas town. In the play, each location is supposed to have its own unique Christmas tree.  We built most of the trees, but for the wealthy family in town we decided to buy a pre-decorated tree. To help defray the cost, we sold raffle tickets during the run of the show, and gave the tree away to the winner at the end of the run.

The first year we did the show, we sold enough raffle tickets to just about pay for the tree. The second year, I put together a promotional video using characters from the play talking about a Christmas tree decorating contest and how the rich family was donating their tree as a fund raiser, for which tickets were available through the theatre.  We had the video playing in the lobby before the show and during intermission. 

That year, we sold enough tickets to pay for the tree twice over.  I'd like to think it was because of the video Embarrassed

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy