Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Problem Connecting

Last post 04-22-2010, 11:01 by bittmann. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-28-2010, 9:18 390864

Problem Connecting

I have had my  ShowCenter 250HD for a few weeks and have got to to connect and play everything eventually. I am using Swiss Centre rather than the ShowCenter interface.

Today halfway though a cd it lost the connection.

I try to reconnect. I get a message saying it cannot connect ot the PC press button A which I do.

That takes me back to the start screen.

I can scan for wifi servers and it shows my connection but will not connect. I then get a message saying "waking up PC wait for a while and then login to media server.

Anybody got any ideas?

•  03-29-2010, 6:56 391030 in reply to 390864

Re: Problem Connecting

I've never had good luck with Wireless.  Not saying that it shouldn't work, just that I had enough problems with it that I ended up pulling a line to my entertainment stack to do away with the wireless.

So.. you are getting a wireless connection (you can see an IP address in the Showcenter's connection status), but you can't see your SwissCenter?  Hmmm...if you open a web browser and browse to the SwissCenter server itself, do you get a connection?  (It depends on how you set up your server, but it should be something like "http://your-server-ip-address:8000").  If you can, then the problem is between the Showcenter and your server.  If you can't, maybe your server has gone away.

BittMann

•  04-22-2010, 9:59 396180 in reply to 391030

I should have posted a response sooner. Sorry.

The connection just came back without me doing anything. Still don't really undertand why. Just one of those things I guess.

•  04-22-2010, 11:01 396195 in reply to 396180

Like I said:  I've never had good luck with Wireless in this application.  Wireless works fine for many functions, but if you're expecting 100% reliability, no dropouts, no slowdowns, no hiccups, no nothin' -- it's not necessarily going to give you that.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy