Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Smartsound issue

Last post 11-11-2019, 5:36 by Tony P. 75 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (76 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-20-2019, 1:52 789858 in reply to 788874

Re: Smartsound issue

I downloaded and installed SFP 6.4.2 Patch (98,204KB) from the Smartsound support site for use with PS22U on a Win7 P/C (unable to test on PS23 as uninstalled due to AVCHD issue).

After the patch was installed there were many albums not displayed in the main SFP window, however, they were all listed OK in the SFP Tools Menu/Albums Tab.  Re-start SFP and all Albums and Tracks appeared in the main window (nothing missing and the counter displays the correct number of tracks).  Any 'sound' files are automatically placed in the SFX tab along with the new Hit files.

I've Added, Adjusted, Replaced & Deleted SS tracks in S22, so the plug-in appears to be working OK.

The only issue is that SFP needs to opened before starting PS22U to avoid a '....not properly activated....' or ....cannot be activated....' error.  I think this has been reported before but I have not experienced this until now.

PS22U needed to be uninstalled and re-installed for the SS icon to display on the Timeline Toolbar (Both a Re-boot and a PS22 Repair did not add the missing SS icon).

I'll pass this on to Corel support. 

A separate issue is that PS22U could not be re-installed using the .msi file so I'll raise this in a separate thread.

Chris C

•  10-20-2019, 22:48 789889 in reply to 788576

Re: Betreft: Re: Smartsound issue

Reporting my experience installing SFP 6.4.2:

I had to uninstall / reinstall each of my 64 BIT PS applications for the "S" to appear on each PS toolbar.   I did try every other method recommended here and at Smart Sound https://www.smartsound.com/support/supportFAQ/#plugin_download.

Just for giggles, I sent Frank at Smartsound a direct e-mail asking if he knows of any method to avoid having to uninstall / reinstall PS applications for those of us who have had to resort to doing it as I have.  I actually was experimenting/trying 6.4.2 in a test environment in my Win 7 Ultimate.  I then restored my C drive to its state prior to running the SFP test and other tests.  I've not yet decided if I will update to SFP 6.4.2 permanently.  I also asked Frank if there is a later 32BIT release of SFP 6.1.3.0 that I am running.  Just curious although what I have works well.

I''ll  reply when I hear back from Frank.

•  10-21-2019, 16:20 789932 in reply to 789889

FYI the last 32-bit version of SonicFire Pro was 6.1.6 - I'm sure Frank would be able to give you a download link (to me it seems odd that the Smartsound website doesn't list any older releases whatsoever). 6.1.6 does work with all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Pinnacle Studio (including PS23).

Regards,
    Richard

•  10-22-2019, 1:21 789950 in reply to 789932

culpanr:

FYI the last 32-bit version of SonicFire Pro was 6.1.6 - I'm sure Frank would be able to give you a download link (to me it seems odd that the Smartsound website doesn't list any older releases whatsoever). 6.1.6 does work with all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Pinnacle Studio (including PS23).

Regards,
    Richard

Richard, I know that 6.1.3.0 works with both 32 and 64 bit PS.  I was only asking what changed from what I have to 6.1.6.  Mine works fine.

tnx, 

•  10-22-2019, 6:07 789962 in reply to 789950

iraisok:
    culpanr:

Regards,
    Richard

Richard, I know that 6.1.3.0 works with both 32 and 64 bit PS.  I was only asking what changed from what I have to 6.1.6.  Mine works fine.

tnx, 

Look here on the Smartsound website for the patch notes (scroll down to see the changes between 6.1.3 and 6.1.6 - seems just to be some bug-fixes)

If you do want the 6.1.6 patch, it does still exist on the server - you can "leech" it by editing the download link for the 6.4.2 patch Wink

Regards,
    Richard

•  10-22-2019, 11:29 789985 in reply to 789962

culpanr:
    iraisok:
    culpanr:

Regards,
    Richard

tnx, 

Look here on the Smartsound website for the patch notes (scroll down to see the changes between 6.1.3 and 6.1.6 - seems just to be some bug-fixes)

If you do want the 6.1.6 patch, it does still exist on the server - you can "leech" it by editing the download link for the 6.4.2 patch Wink

Regards,
    Richard

Richard,

Thanks much -  I might update to 6.1.6.0.

•  10-23-2019, 9:34 790045 in reply to 789985

I updated to SmartSound 6.4.2, started it, started Pinnacle 23.1.0.231, and the SS button now shows up. First tests, the Send to Host Pinnacle Plugin did not show in SmartSound. I tried starting SmartSound as Admin, nothing happened. I tried starting Pinnacle as Admin, nothing happened. Loaded Pinnacle normally, clicked on the SS button and SmartSound loaded, added a song, Send to Host worked, music on timeline.

Tried to edit it. It opened SmartSound, but empty. Host plugin never showed up again. Deleted song in PS, tried SmartSound again, no host plugin. Restarted PS, SmartSound, no host plugin.

It's strange that I got it to work once and not again.

Has anyone else managed to now get PS23 working with SS6.4.2? If so, how? 

Edit: I just noticed that I still had 5.8 installed. However, no SS button showed up in PS23 until I updated from 6.0 something to 6.4.2. I uninstalled 5.8 and the button no longer shows up. I'll continue working on this for a bit. Strange.

•  10-23-2019, 10:01 790047 in reply to 790045

Starting SFP first then open PS works 100% of the time for me.
  •  10-23-2019, 10:19 790048 in reply to 790045

I updated to SFP6.4.2 and have always had SFP and PS run as Administrator. I've always started SFP first and then PS. 

I've placed songs on the timeline, double click on them and edited them within SFP no problem.

My problem is that the audio waveform doesn't change after editing the song with SFP.  

•  10-23-2019, 11:46 790056 in reply to 790048

Got it!

I uninstalled/reinstalled as Admin PS23 and the SmartSound button is back and works.

Is there any way to get the waveform? 

•  10-23-2019, 12:55 790060 in reply to 790056

To update to SFP 6.4.2 or stick with 6.1.6 or not?  That is the question?.  Other than 6.4.2 being 64 bit and it not working in PS17u that I just reinstalled for other reasons, with PS 21.5u being my primary video creative world, what would 6.4.2 give me?

What new feature?  Faster? More reliable?  Elaborate please.

Tnx, 

•  10-23-2019, 13:43 790067 in reply to 790060

iraisok:
    What new feature?  Faster? More reliable?  Elaborate please.
    Read here
  •  10-23-2019, 14:11 790070 in reply to 789889

iraisok:

Reporting my experience installing SFP 6.4.2:

I had to uninstall / reinstall each of my 64 BIT PS applications for the "S" to appear on each PS toolbar.   I did try every other method recommended here and at Smart Sound https://www.smartsound.com/support/supportFAQ/#plugin_download.

Just for giggles, I sent Frank at Smartsound a direct e-mail asking if he knows of any method to avoid having to uninstall / reinstall PS applications for those of us who have had to resort to doing it as I have.  I actually was experimenting/trying 6.4.2 in a test environment in my Win 7 Ultimate.  I then restored my C drive to its state prior to running the SFP test and other tests.  I've not yet decided if I will update to SFP 6.4.2 permanently.  I also asked Frank if there is a later 32BIT release of SFP 6.1.3.0 that I am running.  Just curious although what I have works well.

I''ll  reply when I hear back from Frank.

Frank wrote back and stated the following:

"We tried many things to try to get it so you would not need to reinstall Sonicfire or Studio, but due to the nature of how Studio uses COM Objects for the plugin, that the switch from 32 to 64 bit would require a reinstall of Studio as well.  However, I have heard from other Studio users that you only need to "Repair" the installation, not actually Remove it and then Reinstall it  Try this and see if it works for you too (when you uninstall from the Control Panel, there should be a "Modify, Repair, Remove" box)."

I also asked why when I click on the link to d/l my PS plugin, I got a "404 Error".  He replied as follows:

"There is not actually a download for the Studio plugin as you noted - the plugin links on the website are procedurally generated and we need to update that so one is not created for the Studio plugin.   It is already built into Sonicfire Pro 6, or more accurately, the COM Object that is detected by Pinnacle Studio is created during the Sonicfire Pro 6 installation, no matter whether Studio is actually installed or not.  So this is really a website issue on our end that is long overdue to be fixed.  We have been working on a complete website redesign over the last few months, so many of these things are sort of being brushed aside for now until the new website is in place.  My apologies for any confusion."

•  10-23-2019, 14:14 790071 in reply to 790056

JohnInCanada:

Got it!

I uninstalled/reinstalled as Admin PS23 and the SmartSound button is back and works.

Is there any way to get the waveform? 

Whatever SS song I place on the timeline, after it renders, a few moments later (on my computer spec'ed below), I have waveform.

When I've changed the duration (length) of the song on the timeline, the waveform remains the same. It doesn't change.

But if I move the song to another timeline track, it redraws the waveform.

•  10-23-2019, 23:39 790101 in reply to 790071

Same situation here. If I make the duration shorter, after a while the waveform appears.

Also, sometimes the audio disappears after rendering.

•  10-24-2019, 9:26 790121 in reply to 790101

Tony,

I'm still not getting the waveform on SmartSound or ScoreFitter audio objects. My video clips and audio files, yes. 

With ScoreFitter, I get a very small waveform.

Strange. 

•  10-24-2019, 11:40 790130 in reply to 790121

On my computer, after the SS has rendered, within 10 seconds, I have a waveform.

I have to move the SS clip to another track if I lengthen or shorten it, and then the waveform rebuilds properly.

•  10-24-2019, 16:19 790165 in reply to 790130

We Here is my experience comparing SFP 6.4.2 with 6.1.6:

1. Surprise!  I did not need to take any action such as uninstalling/reinstalling PS following the installation of SFP 6.4.2.  The ‘S’ was on the PS toolbar and worked but read on.

2. When testing in my Win 10 Pro VMware VM, I do not need to first load SFP no matter the version.  I just load PS 22.5U click ‘S’ and SFP loads properly to offer “Send to plugin host”.  Not so when installed in my primary native WIN 7 64 Ultimate OS.  There, I must first load SFP, then load PS (no matter the version) for SFP to integrate properly.

3. SFP 6.1.6 or 6.1.3: I see the audio waveform of the SS clip sent to timeline eventually.

4. Speed - no improvement or difference between 6.4.2 and my 32 bit SFP’s.

5. Just did an about face.  I decided to just stick with and grow with 6.4.2 as it will likely mature further while 32 bit SFP 6.1.6 is at end of life.

•  10-26-2019, 12:30 790248 in reply to 790165

SFP 6.4.2 PSU23

Like Ira, I still cannot get the waveform. I tried a new project, moving the SFP object along the timeline, moving it to another track, increasing the track height, zooming in on timeline no waveform, just the green and blue lines. The blue line should show the waveform but it is just straight, horizontal. The waveform is fine on my video clips.

•  10-26-2019, 13:32 790256 in reply to 790248

I have no solution for those where the wave form doesn't appear. For me personally, since I cut to the beat, I need wave forms.

My only suggestion is to uninstall PS Main program and reiinstall it. Run both SFP and PS as Administrator. 

I get waveforms in PS20, 21, 22, and 23.

•  10-27-2019, 1:39 790271 in reply to 790248

JohnInCanada:

SFP 6.4.2 PSU23

Like Ira, I still cannot get the waveform. I tried a new project, moving the SFP object along the timeline, moving it to another track, increasing the track height, zooming in on timeline no waveform, just the green and blue lines. The blue line should show the waveform but it is just straight, horizontal. The waveform is fine on my video clips.

Observation:  It seems that the SS waveform appears a minute or less after rendering has completed.  I’ve seen same with prior versions of SFP.  I definitely would not reinstall anything in an attempt to correct this.

•  10-28-2019, 1:17 790324 in reply to 790271

In my case with the new version, SS does not show up in all PS versions installed in my system, but it shows up in PS 23 than it didn't it before and I can play the way to make it work. I think old user of PS will do the same thing.

Smartsounds sooner or later will make it work like it is suppose to be. I do not have to much time to play here and there, and if moving one track to a different track will do, well I do it.

For new PS users probably it is more frustrating.

•  10-28-2019, 7:26 790336 in reply to 790324

On to the continuing saga of SFP and Pinnacle.

I've been running SFP as Administrator. Since I decided to try it without running as Administrator, now, I can start SFP from the SS icon on the timeline toolbar in PS23.

If selecting the "default" 30 second SS, on my computer, it takes about 8 seconds from when it appears on the timeline once rendered. The longer the SS clip, the longer it takes to appear. But it does.

When stretching or making smaller the SS clip, the waveform does not rebuild. Only moving the clip to another track will it appear. 

For me, minor niggles and nothing I lose sleep over. SFP is extremely powerful in what it can do. And all the features I've tested so far, work in PS, except the Adobe specific Cut to the beat...

•  10-28-2019, 10:50 790342 in reply to 790336

What Frank at SS has recommended years ago that continues to apply and is not much of an inconvenience is to ALWAYS load SFP first, then load PS.  Clip waveform appears shortly after rendering has completed, with or without moving the clip to some other timeline. 

As for your initial installation of SFP:  If the ‘S’ icon does not appear after first installing 6.4.2, uninstall/reinstall PS.  You will not lose any PS settings.  The ‘S’ should appear.

•  11-10-2019, 22:09 790832 in reply to 790342

Update 23.1.1.242

SmartSound waveform is now showing! It took a while and I moved it from 1 track to another.

Page 3 of 4 (76 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy