Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio Plus Version 10 wont install... PLEASE help

Last post 08-04-2008, 14:47 by Mon Roy. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-02-2008, 8:42 218022

Studio Plus Version 10 wont install... PLEASE help

hello, Ive had this copy of Studio Plus 10 for about a year and im just now getting around to installing it. Every time i put the cd in and tell it to install it will start to configure the software and get to the second little bar in the install process and then it locks up and wont do anyhting else i just let it sit thinking it would finish and after a hour it was still just sitting there. Any help would be GREAT i have tons of video from our kids i want to put on dvd but i cant get the sotware to work. The Computer is a dell and it has XP and is a 3.20ghz with 1 gig of ram and a ATI 256meg Video card. Im guessing there is something conflicting as i have had problems installing other programs and games from time to time on here.

thanks,

Brian

•  08-02-2008, 17:05 218111 in reply to 218022

Re: Studio Plus Version 10 wont install... PLEASE help

Welcome to the ForumBig Smile

1) You may have a dirty Disk, after all this time. Check for any smudges etc. If yes, rinse under a running cold water tap & clean with a non-lindt cloth, from the centre to the edge & leave to thoroughly dry & try again. If not:

2) Go to: Start / My Computer & then Insert Prog Cd1 / When Studio Logo appears on your DVD Drive Icon, Right-Click on that & Choose Explore Disk & Look for S10 setup.exe File. Right Click on that, to Open & Run the Prog. If the Prog tries to Install when you insert Prog Disk1, cancel the Installation.

If the above works, Update immediately to S10.7 (Not S10.8), from the Downloads page. If it doesn't, Post back & you'll be given instructions for installing in Safe Mode.

Im guessing there is something conflicting as i have had problems installing other programs and games from time to time on here.

Before doing any of the above, go to: Start / My Computer / Right-Click on Local Disk C: & choose Properties / Tools / Error Checking / Check Now & do both Error Checks sequentially, in the following Pop-Up 

Defragment your Hard Drive & Exit any AntiVirus  Prog you may have, before Installing.

NB - You need to do a "Custom", rather than "Typical" Install & choose not to Install either InstantDVD Recorder & Mediamanager/Server, to prevent problems occurring later-on.

If you have S10.6, you need to Update to S10.7 Light Patch, otherwise Full Patch.

As far as I can see, your PC meets Pinnacle's Recommended Specs for Running S10. 

ADDED - The so-called "Bonus" Content Disk has a few "Bonus" items, the rest you have to pay for, by purchasing Activation Keys from Pinnacle, after you've Installed the Disk. Since the disk takes-up approx 3Gb of HDD space & has it's own Installer, you may wish to Cancel it's Installation, when requested to do so & Explore the Disk, to decide what you do & don't wan to Install, at a later date. Your priority, at the moment, is to get the Prog to Install successfully. 

Good luckBig Smile

•  08-04-2008, 14:47 218569 in reply to 218111

Re: Studio Plus Version 10 wont install... PLEASE help

Welcome to the forum Brian.

Just adding to colour’s post, you can try to install the copied installer in Safe Mode. If you are not familiar on how this done, please visit this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx

In Safe Mode, Open the Studio folder and double click on the Setup.exe file.  This is an application and has the Pinnacle Logo. 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy