Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

how to remove activation keys

Last post 07-16-2008, 22:06 by Marc P.. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-15-2008, 10:02 211564

how to remove activation keys

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can remove activation keys from Studio 12 (ultimate)

I keep receiving Export error: real time errors after burning and this may be caused after I activated several Encoding/Decoding options like DivX and Dolby. So I want to make sure by uninstalling these again.

Regards, Peter

•  07-15-2008, 11:05 211601 in reply to 211564

Re: how to remove activation keys

Before doing that check here (v11 but still) and here and here to see if you can find solutions or ideas.  I really doubt that it was the activation that is causing the problem.

The big problem with this error appears to be the fact that when happens, you don't have a clue as to where it occurred in the time line.  My solution was to make a copy of the project, cut off a bunch, try to render and repeating until I narrowed it to a section.  Once I had the section, I did the same thing until I narrowed to the clip causing the problem. (More detail in the second here above).

Jerry 

•  07-15-2008, 17:24 211727 in reply to 211564

pdg:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can remove activation keys from Studio 12 (ultimate)

I keep receiving Export error: real time errors after burning and this may be caused after I activated several Encoding/Decoding options like DivX and Dolby. So I want to make sure by uninstalling these again.

Regards, Peter

I'm afraid this can't be done, unless you uninstall and run the regdelete software to clean your registry.

•  07-15-2008, 23:56 211802 in reply to 211601

OK. I managed to remove the activation keys by uninstalling S12 and running regdelete as well as removing entries from the prefetch map and turning off automatic system recovery(!) Only then I could re-enter my serial number and started without any plugins...
    But still no luck. Now I got a hang from the programm while writing frames during Make Movie.

To make things more clear: I recently changed my motherboard and therefore had to do a new install of Windows XP followed by S12.

The project was almost finished in the old situation and I did not get any errors or hangs then.
    As soon as I had reinstalled S12 the problems began (on a fresh enviroment!)
    The only thing I changed after changing my mobo was introducing Dolby and Divx...

I even installed S12 on a second computer and got the same export error.

So at the moment I am pretty stuck how to proceed.

Regards, Peter

•  07-16-2008, 9:10 211981 in reply to 211802

My problem is solved!

I did remove the Dolby and Divx sound modules. Then I had a freeze error related to some ProDAD VITA transitions, which I removed.

The next burn was succesfull.Cool

Greetings, Peter

•  07-16-2008, 22:06 212235 in reply to 211981

Great work Peter, thanks for the heads up.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy