Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

i dont get it. why wont it install :'(- Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate Multilanguage

Last post 06-23-2008, 14:07 by Marc P.. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-22-2008, 19:30 201346

i dont get it. why wont it install :'(- Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate Multilanguage

Hey my name is adam, and i was recently given the Pinnacle Studio 12 - Ultimate Multilanguage edition, im kind of into editing and my brother in law got this as a present for me.

I tried to install this tonight but no matter how many times i tried i kept getting this error repeatedly, i tried to hold the shift key as instructed but still it would not install.

Setup was unable to locate a previous installation of Studio. Pleas hold

down the SHIFT key and insert the CD from your previous version of

Studio.

Click OK to continue or CANCEL to abort installation.

Furthermore, i have never had a Pinnacle Studio product installed before, so i am utterly bemused at why the damned thing will not install. So any help on how i can install this - soon to be chucked in the bin - program i would truly be grateful.

Ok well being grateful isnt worth much i guess nowadays so how about this, if you live in the UK and more to the point London or around ill shout you a Coffee an a muffin, and that would be pushing it, damn i hate living up to my skint student stereotype, mehhh as long as it aint Starbucks <damn multi-nats Angry rant over>

umm yea thanx again. byeeeee

PS Bleach kicks ass Stick out tongue

•  06-22-2008, 19:41 201349 in reply to 201346

Re: i dont get it. why wont it install :'(- Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate Multilanguage

Sounds like you have a upgrade version of Studio, and not a new install version. (Upgrade versions are generally cheaper because you already have a full version of Studio). To install an upgrade version, you have to have a previous version, or at least a previous version disk.
  •  06-23-2008, 5:43 201476 in reply to 201349

Re: i dont get it. why wont it install :'(- Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate Multilanguage

So does that mean i'll have to get Studio 11 and install that first and then this version??

Tongue Tied 

•  06-23-2008, 6:01 201486 in reply to 201476

The upgrade will work from any version I believe, even the Quickstart/SE versions, 9, 10 or 11. You could pick one of those up very cheaply.

In fact, I think I have an unregistered copy of 10QS somewhere....

There is a very small price difference between the upgrade and full versions, so another alternative might be to try to exchange it.

•  06-23-2008, 6:04 201493 in reply to 201476

ichigo_bankai:

So does that mean i'll have to get Studio 11 and install that first and then this version??

Tongue Tied 

The quick answer is YES ------------ BUT as an alternative you could try to get a secondhand copy of a previous version of Studio 9 or 10 (must be a full version).

Might be worth a try before ditching your gift

•  06-23-2008, 6:07 201496 in reply to 201486

Pipped at the post again I see, Good one Jeff Yes

Mick

•  06-23-2008, 14:07 201717 in reply to 201496

You could try to exchange it to get the full version for a small price difference.

PS. Bleach is indeed good. Cool

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy