Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Dazzle USB "static", or "thumping" noise

Last post 02-11-2021, 6:03 by jjn. 41 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (42 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-26-2020, 13:45 808228 in reply to 808225

Re: Dazzle USB "static", or "thumping" noise, and massive dropped frames while capturing

culpanr:

I hope they are going to do more than just "certify" it Devil

AFAIK, if they have reached the Microsoft certification step, it means that developement of the driver is already finished.

•  11-26-2020, 15:11 808232 in reply to 808228

Re: Dazzle USB "static", or "thumping" noise, and massive dropped frames while capturing

I've just tested my new Dazzle. Before I did, I made sure Windows was completely up to date, then tested my USB 510 using Studuo 24. Perfect audio and no frame drops from a PVR, so no chance of a dodgy playback.

I then swapped the USB 510 for the Dazzle. Motorboating audio and massive frame drops.

Let's hope fixing the Dazzle doesn't break the USB 510, as I use it for Firewire :-)

•  11-26-2020, 15:15 808233 in reply to 808232

They used to share the same driver, so it's a risky situation ...

Tongue Tied

•  11-26-2020, 15:49 808235 in reply to 808233

saby:

They used to share the same driver, so it's a risky situation ...Tongue Tied

From what I've observed in my experiments yesterday and today, the Dazzle and Moviebox devices use completely different drivers - but they were often packaged in the same .EXE

I've run pretty much the same set of tests as Jeff - my 700-USB works perfectly and the Dazzle does not.
  •  11-27-2020, 9:42 808255 in reply to 808235

Does anyone know the reason for Corel to be updating the driver? Is it because of a previous problem much older than the one mentioned in this thread? I am getting one of these Dazzle units for Christmas and unable to test it at the moment but I am not happy there are issues, hence the question.
  •  11-27-2020, 11:43 808264 in reply to 808255

AFAIK, to fix all the issues that recent Windows updates have introduced.
  •  11-28-2020, 3:04 808280 in reply to 808264

|Thanks Yann
  •  11-28-2020, 4:22 808285 in reply to 808280

After installation on my selected pc I tried to import Hi8 files from my cam recorder. The result was very bad sound and lots of missed frames. The video result is over all very bad quality. After stopping the capture and saving there is still a noice from my speakers. When detaching the USB connection it stops. I  have an ongoing endless support issue with corel since three weeks. I have delivered files about my win10 pc technical status and been asked to update specific video drivers. Win10 and pc manufacturer have no newer drivers. Then I tried with two other pc:s but the same bad result. Just now they ask me to call the support in Canada from Sweden where I am living. My conclusion is that either the device or the software is wrong but corel support put the blame on me. looks like. It is just now a dead lock and no decisions from corel. I have asked for a replacement device but no answer. I have asked for a send back and  refund through the dealer Digital River Ireland but no answer. My software is Pinnacle Studio 23 or the Dazzle software included. 
    Maybe I should note: My kit is Dazzle DVD Recorder HD delivered 2020-10-28
  •  11-28-2020, 5:44 808289 in reply to 808285

Ulf

It's a shame that support are giving you the runaround, but this is the issue with first level support, particulary when dealing with a "new" issue that in the past has often been the result of PC conflicts.

Now we have notice that Pinnacle are developing a new driver I think it's likely it is because the issue has been escalated to a higher level and a fix should be forthcoming. There are quite a few Pinnalce Regulars involved in this now, so I can assure you it won't be ignored :-)

•  12-06-2020, 22:45 808787 in reply to 808289

Sorry for the delayed response.  I've been out of touch over the American Thanksgiving holiday.

I am encouraged by the posts I've seen though, both to verify that I'm not crazy and others can reproduce the same issues, and that Corel is working on new drivers.

I've been of the belief all along that it's been a driver issue with the drivers that Corel provides.  2015 was a long time ago in computer years.  I'm guessing Microsoft tweaked some things in Windows 10 over the years that require new drivers.  So here's hoping that the new drivers resolve the issues.

•  12-07-2020, 4:02 808789 in reply to 808787

From what I've been told by Pinnacle, it was the Windows 2004 and 20H2 updates which caused this issue - so the "old" drivers were fine until people started having issues after updating to 2004 - which for most people is less than six months ago, and only when they got the Dazzle out the cupcoard to do some digitsing. It's only affected Dazzle, the "old" drivers still work for the USB 500/700 series. I'm hoping that the new drivers don't break the USB 500/700 series :-)

The drivers will need to be certified before they can be released.

I wish Lenovo could do the same for the webcam on my laptop, which started causing a BSOD once I installed 2004....

•  12-09-2020, 13:47 808961 in reply to 808789

Read this post about new driver : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/808959.aspx
  •  12-09-2020, 21:33 808997 in reply to 808961

saby:
    Read this post about new driver : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/808959.aspx

Thanks for the head up!

Unfortunately they don't work, at least for those of us who have full Studio.  See that post about the new driver for details.

•  01-02-2021, 3:59 810075 in reply to 808289

It is now two months since I asked for support on the import issue. I received a new version of software for Dazzle DVD Recorder HD some days ago. I made a fresh install on my Lenovo laptop but the result was the same bad. I was told to install a new graphics driver but none has been available so far. I intended to use my small laptop with Intel HD Graphics 620 and NIVIDIA GForce 940MX. Next step, I tried on my stationary PC with INTEL UHD 940MX and an update on the driver was there dated Dec. 11, 2020. The Dazzle import software got blocked due to my installed PS23. However I tried import by PS23. The import was ok on video but sound bad as before. My new question to support is now pending on how to be able to use PS23 for import. It is just now a momentum 22. Whatever I do is not useful. I need my PS23 for regular editing. Does anybody have a suggestion on how to use the new Dazzle driver with PS23?

I have also been told that refund is not available after 30 days. BUT! According to EU law I do have 2 years on not functioning equipment. Although sold by Corel, shipment is from Ireland so EU law should be applicable.
  •  01-02-2021, 11:23 810129 in reply to 810075

Ulf Arfvidsson:

It is now two months since I asked for support on the import issue. I received a new version of software for Dazzle DVD Recorder HD some days ago. I made a fresh install on my Lenovo laptop but the result was the same bad. I was told to install a new graphics driver but none has been available so far. I intended to use my small laptop with Intel HD Graphics 620 and NIVIDIA GForce 940MX. Next step, I tried on my stationary PC with INTEL UHD 940MX and an update on the driver was there dated Dec. 11, 2020. The Dazzle import software got blocked due to my installed PS23. However I tried import by PS23. The import was ok on video but sound bad as before. My new question to support is now pending on how to be able to use PS23 for import. It is just now a momentum 22. Whatever I do is not useful. I need my PS23 for regular editing. Does anybody have a suggestion on how to use the new Dazzle driver with PS23?

I have also been told that refund is not available after 30 days. BUT! According to EU law I do have 2 years on not functioning equipment. Although sold by Corel, shipment is from Ireland so EU law should be applicable.

If you haven't already, see this other thread about the new drivers and new version of "Dazzle DVD Recorder HD" software.  They don't have an updated driver yet to work with full Pinnacle Studio.  It SHOULD work with the "Dazzle DVD Recorder HD" software.  On the PC you were trying that software on, you might uninstall again and make sure the old drivers for the Dazzle are completely removed before trying to reinstall the new version of Dazzle DVD Recorder again.

But again, see this threat about the new version for more detail. 

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/810072.aspx

•  02-11-2021, 5:49 811737 in reply to 810129

I have checked all comments on this topic. I have four PC options to use for this import/cature. The only one that so far has got an updated video driver (last week) is the newest and there I have PC23 installed preventing me from installing the Dazzle Capture software. I am waiting for PC23 update to make it possible to use PC23 for import but so far nothing in sight. I the meantime I bought a 4 USD device from China. It is working on my newest PC but output mpeg2 files and the same white spots like snowing in the picture as seen from Dazzle import. However the video from this "ezcap" is stable and the sound ok. I have patience to wait more time for a Pinnacle response. The latest reply from them a month ago was "We will be back when we have an answer"

•  02-11-2021, 6:03 811738 in reply to 811737

Ulf - There is a new version of PSD on the download page whcih appears to be usable, but that doesn't solve your immediate problem. Next will be a patch for PS24 (very soon, I believe), and then I hope they will address the issue for owners of the full version of PS23, but there is no promise of a timescale for that.

So work is being done.

Page 2 of 2 (42 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy