Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Is 23.2.1.297 patch safe to install?

Last post 06-20-2020, 11:51 by skeeter. 34 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (35 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-17-2020, 18:02 800875 in reply to 800874

Re: Is 23.2.1.297 patch safe to install?

And is that YOUR best response as to why my request for assistance of the members of this forum has gone unanswered ?
  •  06-17-2020, 18:29 800876 in reply to 800875

The.Remix.Project:
    And is that YOUR best response as to why my request for assistance of the members of this forum has gone unanswered ?
    Because nobody knows the answer or can reproduce your problem (and there isn't enough detail in the post to give a head start).

And they aren't being paid.

•  06-18-2020, 7:03 800899 in reply to 800831

jjn:
    ...and you were asking where you could download the patch. If you are connected to the internet you will be prompted when a patch is available (you can control the frequency of the check), or can ask manually, via the help (?) menu. The only reason you would be told there was not one was if you were running the current version. Going to a webpage to find a patch is so 2010, don't your think?

Gee, thanks. Using this method; now by every start of Studio I get a nag screen asking if I want to install the update, and yes I've set it to manual check.

Used it to get a 'fresh copy' of the patch to store, however how do I get rid of the nag screen? Haven't installed the copy of the patch.

•  06-18-2020, 7:09 800901 in reply to 800899

skeeter:
    however how do I get rid of the nag screen?

You can't, by design.

If a patch is available and not yet installed, the popin keeps displaying.

•  06-18-2020, 7:47 800905 in reply to 800899

skeeter:

Gee, thanks.

You're welcome.

You could try turning the update frequency to Monthly and then resetting the program, but I'm sure a good beta tester can work something out.

•  06-19-2020, 6:52 800942 in reply to 800905

jjn:
    skeeter:

Gee, thanks.

You're welcome.

You could try turning the update frequency to Monthly and then resetting the program, but I'm sure a good beta tester can work something out.

Sure, no biggy

Run: regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Avid\Studio 23

Change Build value to last three numbers of the version that it is trying to install with the nag, my chase 297

Change Version value to the version that it is trying to install, my chase 23.2.1.297

Nag screen gone.

But why should the regular consumer have to jump through these loops, editing Windows registry, is not something that I'd recommend.

Interesting exercise, but not recommended, Also notice, HKEY is Avid\Studio 23, not Corel, humm. ;-) 

•  06-19-2020, 7:40 800944 in reply to 800942

skeeter:

But why should the regular consumer have to jump through these loops,

Corel don't want them to disable the nag. If they have an issue and contact Support, the staff are only trained to deal with the latest patch.

Hey, I've got an idea - why don't you apply to be a beta tester?

•  06-20-2020, 4:21 800994 in reply to 800944

jjn:
    skeeter:

But why should the regular consumer have to jump through these loops,

Corel don't want them to disable the nag. If they have an issue and contact Support, the staff are only trained to deal with the latest patch.

Hey, I've got an idea - why don't you apply to be a beta tester?

Nice idea, but one product at a time. I'm retired. ;-)

https://beta.starrynight.com/  Also, one of my hobbies.

https://store.simulationcurriculum.com/products/starry-night-pro-plus-8 (I'm a semi-active beta tester for them)

Look jjn, I suggested once let's drop this beta tester thing or a least move it the PM (private message area) Yes, I know that I started it, so to say, in my first post.

But if you check my post history, that was my first posting since 2016 over a Studio 16 for a problem with Windows 8.

That was the last Studio version ,16, that I had until recently. Because of another hobby of mine flying drones and my Zino Pro can record 4k at 30FPS I thought well

Studio 23 can do 4K so thought I'd give it a try. Had an issue with the first install and came here looking for some help.

I only mentioned the beta testing thing as a quick way to introduce my self or that is to say in short form about my experience with Studio, Since Studio 16, I haven't used any other version until now.

Had no need, remember I'm some what old school, hell my family TV only does 1080P. While we're on the topic of family, some of us (beta testers) didn't  have the luxury of having a dedicated testing machine,

where one could just dump a new copy of Windows on to it before installing the next version. We had to manually go in and clean house a little, before the next alpha or beta version that was to be tested.

We wanted to be sure that the bugs or problems that we found were from the current version and not leftovers from earlier.

So with that in mind, back to the family thing, with only one computer in the house, and the kids computers games no PlayStation or such , my better half, had her emails and home office stuff, I didn't or couldn't just dump a new version of Windows on. 

Well to sum up this long and boring dribble from me, Studio 23 presents a learning curve for me, a lot of new tools, such as Masking, just to mention one of them, so I'll probably be asking some questions and such.

The Studio 23U that I got in the mail DVD, seems to be a not finished product, but hey that's the way it is.

No patch or update page, well there is one for legacy versions of Studio not much HTML work there to just add Studio 23, The data or patches are already sitting on servers in the cloud.

The installer package is almost joke, if it wasn't so user unfriendly, With S 16 at least during a custom install one can pick and choose which of the extras one wants to install. Things like 'Triple Scoop Music'  could be uninstalled via the installer. Remember I'm old school, don't like junk taking up space in the menu side box, plus haven't got used to having  Tb HHD or SSDs I guess.

So, once again could we drop this beta tester stuff, and just converse about Studio.

•  06-20-2020, 5:25 800997 in reply to 800994

I'll try to pretend that is an apology about your beta tester comments, even if it isn't. Wink

•  06-20-2020, 11:51 801009 in reply to 800997

Yes [Y] Re: Is 23.2.1.297 patch safe to install?

YesBeer

Cool 

Page 2 of 2 (35 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy