Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Ps22 ultimate how do I copy the color setting?

Last post 02-13-2020, 13:39 by culpanr. 45 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (46 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-11-2020, 6:04 795042 in reply to 795034

Re: Ps22 ultimate how do I copy the color setting?

We talked about everything, I am sorry that the huge big bug of ps22 a year ago is not being repaired. This is to encourage customers to go well with the next version, just buy it.
    I finished the topic, thank you to all the contributors for responding to my question.
  •  02-11-2020, 11:33 795046 in reply to 795042

I totally disagree with you. This is definitely not a "huge big bug".

1. it impacts only a very specific area of the software : color grading. I guess average users never use it
    2. a workaround exist : use Image CPU Correction and/or Selective color effects. They do exactly the same and can be copied/pasted

•  02-11-2020, 12:11 795051 in reply to 795033

I have no problem playing back Dolby sound. Curious as to what are the names of the "many forums" where this problem has been posted.......

The "huge big bug" isn't. Is it a bug? Yes. Huge? Only in your thoughts. While I consider it a bug (the color copy), I was still able to do what I want (see posts above on "how"),  and keep on producing videos and doing contract work instead of saying "the sky is falling..." The other is a function of your OS. Want it to work? Go Win 10 (I am not a big fan of it myself).

But that's me. I suggest you go back to what works, PS20. You said the new versions are faster, anything concrete to back that up? Again, PCMag, who tests and posts results will disagree with you.

•  02-11-2020, 14:28 795055 in reply to 795051

we have a different opinion, that's what you say. it is unnecessary to talk about this further. I wrote above that I have already closed the topic, my opinion has not changed. The point is I bought ps22-ps23 programs unnecessarily. What do I base on to save videos faster? I have found that I can export it much faster with ps22, ps23 than with ps20.
  •  02-11-2020, 16:35 795060 in reply to 795055

This is a public forum. And while I strongly disagree with your assessment that PS22 is useless, I will also say PS22 is far more useful than PS20 for me.  Especially if there are ways to achieve the same results with color saturation. As to copy/paste, yes that is a bug that will never be fixed in that version, the same as Win7 is EOL and the only way to get updates is to pay for them.

.As for Dolby, that too has been mentioned on how to get it to work.

The topic isn't closed until a Moderate closes it, not you. You voiced your thoughts, I am now doing the same in a respectful manner. 

•  02-12-2020, 4:22 795062 in reply to 795060

Obviously, ps22, ps23 are much better than ps20, which is why I bought them. However, for the reasons mentioned above, I am forced to use ps20. You wrote me to use selective colors. It has to dilute much more than ps20 selective saturation. It takes too much time to get what I want. I'll install windows 10 once, but it won't. I have many programs that do not work under win 10. What is not important.
  •  02-12-2020, 5:17 795063 in reply to 795062

I don't know your workflow or what you are specifically trying to achieve. And while you mention you have programs that will not work under Win10, you can install Win10 on a separate hard drive. When you start your computer you can decide which hard drive you want to boot up, Win10 or Win7.

As I migrate over to a new drive, this is what I do. I'll still have access to all the drives in my computer.

•  02-12-2020, 8:46 795065 in reply to 795063

AW: Re: Ps22 ultimate how do I copy the color setting?

Attachment: Color.jpg

Hi @Andorpap,

as I read all the posting, i was strongly disappointed. You are writing in circle, nobody understands, what the others are meaning

If I am right, you have 2 DIFFERENT Problems

1) You are meaning, that you cannot set ( and copy ) color-Correction.

This is NOT correct, you CAN set color-corrections in PS22 and PS23 Ultimate  ( Effekt-Editor, Color, 3-HSL )

You CAN copy such correction from one clip to others ( pointing the mouse on the red line above the clip, clicking right mouse, color, copy
        Afterwards you can copy this setting to a lot of other clips ( marking the clips, clicking right mouse, insert )

2) you have problems with dolby 5.1 in PS23

YES, it is no longer supported to export file with dolby 5.1

This is not a bug, it seems, that was planned so.

comment of corel :   So far, we have no solution for users wanting 5.1 Export support

BUT .... why do you mix two question in ONE THREAD ?????

And .... you can do all this , using WIN7 , I have on all my machines running WIN7 without any problems, the fact of closing updates for WIN7 does not matter, it RUNS, perhaps till 2030 or longer.

Regards, Helmut

P.S.  Sorry, the screenshot is in german, because I am writing from Austria

•  02-12-2020, 9:26 795066 in reply to 795065

Re: AW: Re: Ps22 ultimate how do I copy the color setting?

in ps23 it can be copied very well, but ps22 is a bug, only one ps23 has been fixed, we have discussed this above. That's why I was disappointed that they no longer want to fix this in ps22. But we've already talked about this.
  •  02-12-2020, 9:32 795067 in reply to 795063

Yeah, that also comes to my mind when I buy another ssd hard disk with win10 to go ps23 dolby.
    But how much easier would it be if I didn't buy another hard disk but could buy the dolby plug in for $ 20. Or if you want some programmers to fix it. But let's not argue about this anymore, I already know everyone's point.
  •  02-12-2020, 9:44 795068 in reply to 795067

For me, I think it should have been fixed during the patching.

As for the cost of a plugin, I am not privy to the bean counting going on in Corel, but they would also have to consider the cost of programming it and if they could make a profit or at least their money back. 

I wish everything were easier, but that's not how it is. It would be much easier for me if I could just tell my computer what I want done and have it done instead of trying to figure out how to do it with mouse and keyboard. 

My only "argument" with you was saying the software was useless. You had time to get your money back.....

•  02-12-2020, 10:01 795069 in reply to 795068

Well yes the price of ps22 would not be bad to get back.
  •  02-12-2020, 11:15 795072 in reply to 795069

AW: Re: Ps22 ultimate how do I copy the color setting?

Hi @Andorpa,

I think, its enough with senseless discussions.

If you had buyed your studio by Corel, you had 30 days of time, to return it and get your money back.

If you do not so, it's your problem.  30 days are more then enough, to test a program. Now there is half of a year later !!

I know no programm, that ist errorless, because men ( or woman )  write the programs and men make errors,
    therfore are patches. 
    But it is not always possible, to correct ALL bugs in one year, so there is usually the possibilty, to get the next version for a discount-price.

And I don't know any program-manufacturer, who update previous versions, when a new version is on the market.

Regards, Helmut

•  02-12-2020, 11:24 795073 in reply to 795072

Re: AW: Re: Ps22 ultimate how do I copy the color setting?

Its been out of stock for a year or so I bought the ps22 (smiley) The ps 23 is already 4 months old, just found this forum here to post my questions. Unfortunately, ps customer service is worth nothing. On this forum I have received the answer to everything I have been interested in so far.
  •  02-12-2020, 13:06 795077 in reply to 795062

Andorpapa:
    You wrote me to use selective colors. It has to dilute much more than ps20 selective saturation. It takes too much time to get what I want.

Sorry, but I don't understand your point here. Would you elaborate ?

•  02-12-2020, 13:10 795078 in reply to 795062

Andorpapa:
    I have many programs that do not work under win 10.

Are you sure about it ? Programs that would work under Win 7 and not under Win 10, it should be something pretty rare.

Compatibility modes of Win are 10 doing wonders most of the time.

•  02-12-2020, 13:46 795079 in reply to 795078

You may be right and if I install windows 10 then it will turn out what works and what doesn't.
  •  02-12-2020, 14:30 795081 in reply to 795079

You can install and run Win10 for free from M$. There are some desktop customizing you can not do, but the OS works fine. You can buy a cheap 240GB SSD and try it.
  •  02-13-2020, 7:13 795087 in reply to 795081

Tony P:
    You can install and run Win10 for free from M$.

According to a lot of articles (here's an example) that appeared a month ago when Win7 went "end of life" - you can also upgrade from Win7 to Win10 for free! And the copy of Win10 will be properly activated by a digital license and will be the same "level" (Home or Pro) as the copy of Win7 you are upgrading. This seems to be "official" and "known" - it's the same offer that was given to Windows 7 users for the first year or so of Windows 10 - seems that the free upgrade mechanism was never turned off (Microsoft just don't publicise it - and IMO it's probably in their interest to get users away from Win7)

On the Windows 7 PC:

• Back up the Windows 7 PC. Useful for peace of mind and if Windows 10 insn't to your liking and you're beyond the IMO rather short (10 days) period where Microsoft will let you roll back, having a full (disk image) backup would let you put the PC back as it was
    • Go to the Microsoft "Get Windows 10 web page; download the "Media Creation Tool"
    • Launch the tool - choose "Upgrade this PC now" - follow the directions and in an hour or so you should have Windows 10
    • The tool will warn about known incompatible hardware, device drivers and apps; when I upgraded an old PC about 2 weeks ago (Win7 Pro -> Win10 Pro) it only found the old MS Security Esserntials (superseded by Windows Defender) and an ancient version of Acronis True Image (I uninstalled both before continuing with the upgrade). And when the upgrade was fimished the desktop and apps etc. were pretty much "as they were"
    • You have 10 days of running Windows 10 before the files that allow you to get back to Windows 7 are automatically deleted

HTH
    Richard

•  02-13-2020, 8:06 795088 in reply to 795087

Richard, the only problem with upgrading to Win10 and having it activated is that you lose your Win7 license. I don't know what happens when you try and boot a Win7 OS with the same activation number, that's why I suggested just installing Win10 with watermark at the bottom of the desktop to test and see if everything is working ok before making the commitment to upgrade.
  •  02-13-2020, 13:39 795096 in reply to 795088

If the OP has a ton of apps already installed (and all, or the vast majority are compatible with Windows 10) using the media creation tool to upgrade could be less "painful" than putting in a different disk drive and installing a "trial copy" of Windows 10 + all the apps on it. And, if within 10 days he decides that there's too much trouble with Win10 he can still go back to Win7 and not lose its license.

Regards,
    Richard

Page 2 of 2 (46 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy