Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

update/new version

Last post 02-21-2013, 1:14 by Skanter. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-21-2013, 0:09 580187 in reply to 580176

Re: update/new version

Damont03:

Oh and I export to Vimeo using the Vimeo app. If I need to convert the file I do this online at http://www.online-convert.com/

Having a jail broken iPad I can upload and download from Safari. Using iFile I can then save the newly converted file to the camera roll.  

thanks much -- good to see whats possible, and how its done.

Without the jailbroken iPad, would uploading to Vimeo still be possible ?

(I'm sure we'll all have more questions later) 

•  02-21-2013, 1:13 580188 in reply to 579627

BARYE:
    Skanter:
    MarkNZL:
    RedRyder:

I shared my experience with PS for iPad and told him how I thought it was the killer app for the iPad and would justify buying an iPad just to use the PS for iPad app.

Well I'm inclined to agree  but it's probably not a mainstream view. The real advantage of an iPad is that it is incredibly portable and therefore convenient and comfortable to use rather than being parked at a desktop/laptop and you can do such an amazing number of things with it.

From a video point of view the app is great for quick and relatively easy movies that are still thought out. I doubt that someone who spends weeks staying up to the wee hours working on their masterpiece would be satisfied though. Still there's a lot to be said for quick production, especially for the enthusiast, and potentially there are lots of us aren't there? 

I am an experienced video producer and editor, and my wife is an extremely talented movement artist who I have collaborated with on many dance/video projects. We have won several awards and grants from the National Endowment for thr Arts. She has taken to the iPad app and can now edit by herself indepently. I'm sure there are many others who would get great value out of a comprehensive iPad video editing app. This app is a great start, but will it continue to flourish, or just be left for dead?

I'm interested if you use the app only to edit iPad/iPhone originated video -- or if you're somehow importing, including,  and editing externally originated video ??

Workflow depends on source. I use 60D for video (mov files). Ipad does not like these, so I import into Avid Studio, do color and level corrections, and render as MP4. Then use  Photosync to wirelessly send clip to my wife's iPad if its short, or put on SD and use camera connection kit.

i use Avid Studio for my own editing as it is the only Windows editing program ( including Premier and Vegas) Ive found that handles MOV files without transcoding.

Sometimes my wife uses her own iPhone videos, imports to iPad directly with Photosync. 

•  02-21-2013, 1:14 580189 in reply to 579627

BARYE:
    Skanter:
    MarkNZL:
    RedRyder:

I shared my experience with PS for iPad and told him how I thought it was the killer app for the iPad and would justify buying an iPad just to use the PS for iPad app.

Well I'm inclined to agree  but it's probably not a mainstream view. The real advantage of an iPad is that it is incredibly portable and therefore convenient and comfortable to use rather than being parked at a desktop/laptop and you can do such an amazing number of things with it.

From a video point of view the app is great for quick and relatively easy movies that are still thought out. I doubt that someone who spends weeks staying up to the wee hours working on their masterpiece would be satisfied though. Still there's a lot to be said for quick production, especially for the enthusiast, and potentially there are lots of us aren't there? 

I am an experienced video producer and editor, and my wife is an extremely talented movement artist who I have collaborated with on many dance/video projects. We have won several awards and grants from the National Endowment for thr Arts. She has taken to the iPad app and can now edit by herself indepently. I'm sure there are many others who would get great value out of a comprehensive iPad video editing app. This app is a great start, but will it continue to flourish, or just be left for dead?

I'm interested if you use the app only to edit iPad/iPhone originated video -- or if you're somehow importing, including,  and editing externally originated video ??

Workflow depends on source. I use 60D for video (mov files). Ipad does not like these, so I import into Avid Studio(PC version) do color and level corrections, sometimes slow motion, and render as MP4. Then use  Photosync to wirelessly send clip to my wife's iPad if its short, or put on SD and use camera connection kit.

i use Avid Studio for my own editing as it is the only Windows editing program ( including Premier and Vegas) Ive found that handles MOV files without transcoding.

Sometimes my wife uses her own iPhone videos, imports to iPad directly with Photosync. 

Page 2 of 2 (28 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy