Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Some Declic transitions are locked

Last post 08-06-2011, 7:52 by Declic_Video. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-31-2011, 0:28 450520 in reply to 428741

Re: Some Declic transitions are locked

It has been a few months since the last post but I'd like to ask (semi-related) in the hopes that someone is getting eMail notifications of anything new regarding this thread.

I have S14U and have "Installed" a small number of the Declic FX Transitions.  They appear in the folder 00 Declic as described but there is no menu item in the drop-down for Declic and, thus, none of the "installed" transisitons (all 3 of them) appear.  I have, evidently, missed a step in this process and much of the FAQ for these FX relate only to S9->S11.

Further, I did not find the EasyFX Editor using START / All Programs.  "Open"ing it directly in the Document and Settings folder location caused a flurry of disk activity but nothing ever launched nor showed up in Task Manager so I simply re-booted.

All I really was looking for was the Page-Turn (147).  Oh, well... life goes on.

•  02-06-2011, 13:08 451724 in reply to 450520

LouieLouie:

I have S14U and have "Installed" a small number of the Declic FX Transitions.  They appear in the folder 00 Declic as described but there is no menu item in the drop-down for Declic and, thus, none of the "installed" transisitons (all 3 of them) appear.  I have, evidently, missed a step in this process and much of the FAQ for these FX relate only to S9->S11.

Further, I did not find the EasyFX Editor using START / All Programs.  "Open"ing it directly in the Document and Settings folder location caused a flurry of disk activity but nothing ever launched nor showed up in Task Manager so I simply re-booted.

All I really was looking for was the Page-Turn (147).  Oh, well... life goes on.

Hello LouieLouie,

I am not sure to understand which FAQ you are referring, since we have recently revamped our FAQ which should work for S9 --> S14.
    Regarding Easy FX Editor, that's rather strange.

I would propose that you check our most recent article, which might help: Learn Hollywood FX, everything is explained inside...

DV FX

•  06-28-2011, 17:20 480439 in reply to 451724

I started this thread last year when I struggled to get some of the free transitions unlocked on a new install of Win7. I was never successful. I now have another Dell with Win 7, just got Pinnacle moved over to it, SAME ISSUE. Got all the transitions in Studio 14, but some are still locked, including a few that'd I'd really like to have. Has anyone figured this out yet??? Thanks.
  •  07-03-2011, 7:09 481024 in reply to 480439

Hello,

I assume that you did not purchase the ULTIMATE collection and you have PRO/MEGA transitions locked, which is normal. Can you list some transitions which are still locked ? Can you also remind me your upgrade process ? Did you use a previous Studio version or not ?

DV FX

•  07-03-2011, 11:52 481058 in reply to 481024

I do have Ultimate, and this is a clean install of 14. The transitions not working are the same ones that I listed previously on this thread. I even had one of the developers of one of the transitions send me various "versions" of that transition and it didn't work. (That was when I was trying to get all transitions unlocked on a previous computer ... and was never successful.) I have used Studio all the way back to V 8 on previous computers. I did add in HFX Plus to my V 14 install, but had to have help getting those transitions installed (HFX 1 & 2) ... I also have a separate disk purchase of HFX 3. I think that answers all your questions ...
  •  07-03-2011, 16:06 481085 in reply to 481058

nancyadn:
    I do have Ultimate, and this is a clean install of 14. The transitions not working are the same ones that I listed previously on this thread. I even had one of the developers of one of the transitions send me various "versions" of that transition and it didn't work. (That was when I was trying to get all transitions unlocked on a previous computer ... and was never successful.) I have used Studio all the way back to V 8 on previous computers. I did add in HFX Plus to my V 14 install, but had to have help getting those transitions installed (HFX 1 & 2) ... I also have a separate disk purchase of HFX 3. I think that answers all your questions ...

That's strange, one of the transition you mention (015-bball) is just a simple one, from HFX Basic pack...
    I suppose you do something wrong when installing S14. Can you please give us details of the way you proceed to install S14 ?

Is it S14 full version or upgrade version ?
    Regarding HFX Volume, how do you install them ?

DV FX

•  07-05-2011, 14:06 481305 in reply to 481085

The ones that are locked on this install are the same ones that locked up when I first posted this thread ... so whatever happened the first time is reproducible. This was a CLEAN install of a FULL copy of 14, no other Studio versions on this NEW computer. As with the install I originally posted about, I had trouble getting the HFX 1 & 2 to install, and ultimately turned over control of the computer to a Studio Tech who was successful in getting them to install AND show up in the software. S14 was NOT installed incorrectly; in fact, it was textbook because of the difficulties I have had in the past, it was strictly "by the book" as coached by a tech, via chat or email. HFX Vol 3 was installed from a separate disk and went in just fine. 1 & 2 were from a bonus disk and were installed using the Transfer Wizard and, as I said, a tech remotely making it happen after repeated failures even though doing it "by the book."
  •  08-06-2011, 7:52 485678 in reply to 481305

Sorry, On my side I have no more ideas. If you say that you also have trouble with installing HFX Volume, there should be something wrong with your install that I can not find/track without having the computer with me... If someone else has an idea ??

DV FX

Page 2 of 2 (33 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy