Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Smart Sound Music not working in Studio 9 Plus

Last post 05-29-2008, 15:05 by Marc P.. 44 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (45 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-05-2008, 10:16 150261 in reply to 150255

Re: Smart Sound Music not working in Studio 9 Plus

I knew I should not do this from memory, what you needed was the "SmartSound Pinnacle Music" that installer has all the music you were missing. But by running the Quicktracks Installer" you installed (or un-installed or destroyed) your smart-sound interface.

At this point I would go into the OS - in Add and remove programs and remove all the smartsound apps. (then reboot) then re-run the smartsound installer that you downloaded from the smartsound web site (remember you may have to do this three times) (reboot) then start studio up, and check to see if the smartsound interface is there and working (You will not have any music at this point but you should be able to sample music from the smartsound web site) then shutdown studio and run the "SmartSound Pinnacle Music" installer (reboot).

•  04-05-2008, 10:20 150263 in reply to 150260

patndave:
    I was of the opinion that the procedure is not install-uninstall-install as stated above, but rather install-install-install

You got it right, it's install-install-install. Never figured out why, and do not what to try to figure it out because it works.

•  04-07-2008, 14:00 151309 in reply to 150263

Didn't work, I still got the error when it was preparting the music from the SmartSound install.  I guess I'm not allowed to have SmartSound anymore, anyone have any DumbSound? LOL  I was wondering if installing Studio 9 on my external hard drive would help?  I know you aren't supposed to run it from there, but if the SmartSound worked, would it give you any clues or help to what is wrong on the hard drive?
  •  04-07-2008, 18:39 151450 in reply to 151309

What did the error say? And installing studio to a different disk will make no difference with this problem.
  •  04-07-2008, 22:05 151536 in reply to 151450

It said A-2166 error.  This track will be skipped at this time.  About 9 of the 25 tracks get this error when installing.
  •  04-08-2008, 17:45 152130 in reply to 151536

I think your disk is going out, I had a similar error the last time I loaded 9. But if you skip over it it will load the other music.
  •  04-08-2008, 19:21 152172 in reply to 152130

But that's the problem, it still doesn't work.  It tells me it's going to skip over those tracks, I click OK and let it finish.  Then when I open Studio 9 the music files are there so I click on a track and press play and no sound.  Sometimes it will give me a "click" or some extraneous noise, but no music.  Like I said, I had this before I uninstalled Studio 9, which didn't fix the problem I wanted fixed, now I have another.  But I think the other problem is not with Studio 9 in the first place.
  •  04-08-2008, 21:22 152199 in reply to 152172

What happens when you have the smartsound "type" set to Music, and the "Scope" set to all, then making sure you have something selected on the time line, then select some music, and press "Preview" (then wait for the sample to download from the smartsound web site) Does this play, or do you get the same thing?
  •  04-11-2008, 10:19 153900 in reply to 152199

Sorry for the late reply....I'm going to be reformatting my computer this weekend.  I've been having some problems with it and was told to try reformatting.  So after that I will try again to install Studio 9 and maybe the SmartSound will work once reformatted.  I'll keep you posted.
  •  04-11-2008, 18:57 154157 in reply to 153900

Good luck, hope that will fix it.
  •  04-14-2008, 15:05 156146 in reply to 154157

Well, the format didn't fix my SmartSound problem.  Installed it and went into Studio 9 and got Insert Disc when i went to Quicktracks.  So what now?  Try what I tried already or something different?
  •  04-14-2008, 18:40 156235 in reply to 156146

Insert Disk? this sounds like you have the interface loaded and working, it just cannot find any loaded music. Shut down Studio, put there disk 1 in, and manually navigate to the plug-in, smartsound directory, and manually run the music installer by double clicking on it.
  •  04-16-2008, 14:11 157763 in reply to 156235

Ok, I inserted the disc and then went through Windows Explorer and went into the SmartSound folder and clicked on the "SmartSound Pinnacle Music Setup Launcher".  It began to install but then once it got to the stage where it prepares the music, it said the files were already on my hard drive did I want to reinstall them, so I clicked yes to all.  But then I got an error message that said..."0x80040707 DLL Function call crashed:  Audio Decompressor.DecompressFiles"

And setup terminated.  I don't know if I was in the right place to start with, because you had me try that once before.  But it didn't work.

•  04-16-2008, 22:17 158043 in reply to 157763

From the error message, this might explain a lot, sounds like one of your DLL's has a problem, may be to old, maybe corrupt, hard to say, but it's sounds like it's causing you smartsound not to install correctly. DLL problems are very hard to trouble shoot. From here I would go the the Microsoft web site and search for a audio decompresser DLL, and if you get a hit, look if you can download the latest version of that DLL from the Microsoft web site. But this assumes that the problem is in a Microsoft DLL and not somebody else's.
  •  04-17-2008, 11:44 158350 in reply to 158043

I searched for what you said, and am not sure if I found what I need.  I will paste the link here and please let me know if any of it is right.  I just don't want to get something I don't need.  Thanks.

http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?q=audio+decompressor+DLL&qsc0=0&FORM=QBME1&l=1&mkt=en-US&PageType=99

•  04-17-2008, 21:14 158709 in reply to 158350

Well, it's very hard to say, but looking over your query, it did jog my memory of one thing, your search seems to point that the Microsoft decompresser routings are in the quartz.dll. Some people had some problems with this dll at one time, it could be that you have an old one, or a corrupt dll. Before trying to download anthor one from Microsoft, you might first do a search of this web site for quarts.dll, to find what some people did to fix there problem. FYI, some if what you find in this search will be that people moved some of there dll around. Never delete a dll, make a copy to a save place first, just in case it causes something to break on you computer. After moving a dll, test, and test again any program that uses the audio on your computer. Your getting into a area on your computer were you have to be vary carfull what you do.
  •  04-18-2008, 6:27 158922 in reply to 158709

Sounds like more than I want to get into.  A guy I work with knows a lot about computers and could probably tell me how to go about doing all this.  But I'm not sure if it's worth it, just because right now the only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the SmartSound.  The other audio on my computer has been fine.  But I will ask him and look into this. 
  •  05-04-2008, 10:51 169189 in reply to 158922

Did you ever get this problem resolved?  I have the same issue and have tried many of the suggestions in the thread with no luck. I really like the Smart Sound feature and feel crippled without it. Thanks for your reply.
  •  05-26-2008, 10:48 183876 in reply to 169189

Here's the only way I could resolve the problem after trying all the suggestions in this thread.

I had to reformat my computer with the original XP(SP1).  This was the only version I could trust not having an updated Windows Installer which is the source of this problem.  Immediately after the OS install I Installed Studio 9 Plus and updated same.  Checked to see if everything was working...AOK.  Next updated Windows leaving SP3 off (the reason I started having problems on my AMD computer).  Now everything is back in order and working as before.

Yes, I know this is a drastic fix but it works.

Good Luck

•  05-29-2008, 15:05 185863 in reply to 183876

It may be drastic, but its great that it works well now.
Page 2 of 2 (45 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy