Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Pinnacle Legal Eagle Question: EULA - OK to install on desktop and laptop?

Last post 05-28-2008, 21:06 by Marc P.. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-05-2008, 9:37 150242

Pinnacle Legal Eagle Question: EULA - OK to install on desktop and laptop?

Question for the Pinnacle Legal Eagles:

I have license from most software packages I've purchased to install their software on my desktop and also on my laptop for when I'm on the road.  This authorization is included when I buy software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe products and others.

I always want to keep my machines legal.  So am I authorized to install Studio Plus on both my desktop and laptop?  And if so, can I include the unlock codes I've purchased online?  How would I legally perform the laptop install without setting off any alarms or disabling my desktop software?

Thank you for your time.

Jim Boyd
    www.cooljim.com

•  04-05-2008, 10:11 150259 in reply to 150242

Re: Pinnacle Legal Eagle Question: EULA - OK to install on desktop and laptop?

This was discussed recently HERE

Marc is a Pinnacle employee, so I guess the answer to your question is No Sad

•  05-16-2008, 5:17 177057 in reply to 150259

Same Question, following the link.

Thanks.

-JJ

•  05-16-2008, 18:48 177464 in reply to 177057

Sorry guys, the license is only good for 1 installation at a time.
  •  05-17-2008, 9:49 177778 in reply to 177464

Hummmm....

* Studio causes the picture to vibrate when titles are added.
    * Studio is only 1/2 a product... is mostly advertisements for 'added features' for which you must pay more to unlock.
    * To create a simple effect, such as flipping a video upside down, it takes Internet research and careful advanced settings to do the same thing you can do in Microsoft Movie Maker (a free program) with one click.
    * Nagging, reoccuring problems that stay unresolved in the software's versions as they are updated and new version numbers (and the shelf prices) are increased.

...and finally...

* No license to install on a laptop and a desktop like other major software companies allow with their products.

I'm questioning my wisdom in purchasing Studio in the first place.  Microsoft Movie Maker is looking better and better as each problem with Studio pops up.

Jim Boyd
    www.cooljim.com

•  05-20-2008, 18:04 180364 in reply to 177778

OK,

So I'll follow the rules and uninstall Studio Plus and purchased content from my desktop and install it on my laptop.

Any suggestions as to how I can make this transition (unstallation/installation) go smoothly... to include purchased content?

Thanks!

•  05-21-2008, 15:02 181128 in reply to 180364

Ideally purchased content will be available upon re-entering the keys for them on a freshly installed Studio on a different computer. However, for more options Kayla made a nice post about backing up your used reg keys. It may help.
  •  05-21-2008, 18:46 181184 in reply to 181128

Marc P.:
    Ideally purchased content will be available upon re-entering the keys for them on a freshly installed Studio on a different computer.

"Ideally, purchased content will be available............................. on a different computer", but it's not.
    When you install on a different computer, your passport number changes and none of your previous keys, that you purchased under one passport, will work under a new passport.  (Did that make sense?)

This is the reason for backing up your pixie folder.  Your passport number will stay the same and all of your keys will work.
    I've had the same passport number since the very early days of S10.
    If you do it right (the pixie folder, I mean), you won't even need to enter any of your keys, they'll all be loaded already upon first startup of studio. 

•  05-21-2008, 18:48 181185 in reply to 181128

Forum malfunction.  This was a duplicated post that it won't let me delete, so I edited it to say... "Forum Malfunction".   Wink

•  05-28-2008, 21:06 185341 in reply to 181185

So thats why.. I thought i deleted the thread by accident. Embarrassed
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy