Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

My HFX transtions are Missing & no bonus CD content

Last post 05-06-2008, 19:04 by Marc P.. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-22-2008, 21:17 162351

My HFX transtions are Missing & no bonus CD content

Hi there,

I just tried thier upgrade via Download, and it all seemed to install just fine (although I did not UNINSTALL my version 9 first...but it didn't give me any error codes...installed fine and I was able to open the new version just fine. ) Oh... I upgraded from Pinnacle Sudio 9 plus, to Studio 11 plus. So I have a few problems.

1) The Bonus CD did not download. Is there something that I am missing to get that Bonus CD content to download???

2) The Transitions ....there are only like 5 under 2D transitions...what happened to all the other ones?

3) I went to unlock my purchased Transitions, and entered the activiation code, and it said that it was unlocked...but they are not showing up under transtions??

4) How do I get all the transtitions that I created in HFX 5.5 to show up in Studio 11 plus?

If anyone can help, that would be very much appreciated.  Thanks

Smllchng

•  04-23-2008, 0:04 162530 in reply to 162351

Re: My HFX transtions are Missing & no bonus CD content

The bonus DVD isn't part of the download, so that may be the start of your issues....

Have you checked "Show Premium features"? Did you enter your HFX serial number? 

•  04-23-2008, 6:54 162719 in reply to 162530

Thanks for the reply. I did check show premium content. I can't figure out how to enter my HFX serial number....it won't accept it under enter activation keys.

I guess I will uninstall 9 and 11 and start from stratch and hope it fixes stuff. Do I have to call them to get the bonus content, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks again.

smllchng5Big Smile 

•  04-23-2008, 8:14 162748 in reply to 162719

You should find an entry in Start/All programs to enter the HFX serial.

You are about the 3rd person to recently question the lack of a bonus content disc with the download. Pinnacle don't seem have an answer to how you get hold of the DVD at the moment.

•  04-23-2008, 14:39 162929 in reply to 162748

thanks for the info on HFX code. However, I did enter it there, but it still didn't work. I thought they meant that I had to do it in Studio 11 as well. I just don't understand why I only have 7 files for transitions/effects.  I used to have a ton under studio 9. Something is wierd here. Maybe it all has to do with the Bonus CD????

I called customer support about the bonus cd thing. When ordering,  they said in order to prevent them mailing anything to us (Earth day..save our resources)...they wanted us to download...but they never said the bonus cd would not be included...and now they want us to pay $14.95 for the Bonus CD to be mailed to us. (shipping for studio 11 and bonus cd was only $7.95). So I am working with them on this issue. Really is false advertising.

•  04-23-2008, 14:52 162933 in reply to 162929

That's very misleading and somewhat unfair. Marc p?

Have you tried the re-install yet|? 

•  04-23-2008, 15:53 162961 in reply to 162933

Yes, I did uninstall and reinstall....and it came up the same. When I did the live chat with Pinnacle, they said those were video effects.......are Video Effects and Transitions the same?? If not..how do I get the transitons. It says Standard Transitions....and then only has 2d, Alpha Magic, Hollywood FX for Studio, Flying Windows, Extra FX, Family Fun, and Fun Pack. The ones I purchased...after entering the key code and having it say it is unlocked...it doesn't show up....and doesn;t show up in HFX Editor either. I just don't know what I have done wrong. I am so confused. Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks for everyone's replies and helps. You are a great group, and I appreciate the support.

Smllchng5 :) 

•  04-23-2008, 21:57 163224 in reply to 162929

smllchng5:

thanks for the info on HFX code. However, I did enter it there, but it still didn't work. I thought they meant that I had to do it in Studio 11 as well. I just don't understand why I only have 7 files for transitions/effects.  I used to have a ton under studio 9. Something is wierd here. Maybe it all has to do with the Bonus CD????

I called customer support about the bonus cd thing. When ordering,  they said in order to prevent them mailing anything to us (Earth day..save our resources)...they wanted us to download...but they never said the bonus cd would not be included...and now they want us to pay $14.95 for the Bonus CD to be mailed to us. (shipping for studio 11 and bonus cd was only $7.95). So I am working with them on this issue. Really is false advertising.

Well thats not right. They shouldn't have forced you to buy  the downloadable version in the first place. You should be able to work something out since I assume this is a very recent purchase. I'm sure you'll more options than paying 15$ for the bonus disc. 

•  04-24-2008, 7:09 163425 in reply to 163224

Here is an update....I called the sales dept, and I was able to re-purchase the product and he waived the shipping charges(standard mail...7 - 10 business days....which is fine, I am not in a hurry for it) ...and then I called the refund dept, and they refunded the digital download order....so it all worked out, and will cost me the same amount in the long run.

Also...all my problems with the transitions....all due to no bonus CD. So it should all be fixed once I put in that Bonus CD.

Thanks agian for all the support and help.  You are all great!!!

•  04-24-2008, 7:43 163432 in reply to 163425

Good see see a fair outcome. Enjoy S11!
  •  04-25-2008, 19:06 164226 in reply to 163432

I'm glad it became a nice deal for you an within a good time frame.
  •  05-05-2008, 10:52 169631 in reply to 162351

I am in the same boat. I will call sales and see if they will do the right thing. Nothing said I would NOT get the bonus CD. I expected it to download, but could not find it. Glad I found this thread. mark
  •  05-06-2008, 19:04 170450 in reply to 169631

Thanks for posting here, let us know how it turns out.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy