Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Some Declic transitions are locked

Last post 08-06-2011, 7:52 by Declic_Video. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (33 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-22-2010, 13:56 382094

Some Declic transitions are locked

Why are some of my FREE Declic transitions locked? I am running Studio 14 on Win 7 and have FINALLY got most everything up and running as I had it on Studio 12 and XP. I have re-entered all serial numbers and unlocked HFX creator and all my standard Studio transitions are unlocked. When I installed all of the free Declic transitions before, I don't remember having any of them show up locked once I got them all to show up in Studio. Can anyone help? It is random transitions that show up locked ... most are unlocked. I don't get it. Can't find anything on the Declic site that explained it, either ... followed the stuff I did find and it didn't seem to help. Thanks.
  •  02-22-2010, 19:23 382140 in reply to 382094

Re: Some Declic transitions are locked

I'm having the same problem, have not found a solution for it yet, it seems to be a W7 thing. The standard fixes for XP don't seem to fix it on W7. Has anybody got this to work on a 64 bit W7?
  •  02-23-2010, 3:51 382211 in reply to 382140

I have not had any trouble getting ver. 12 Ultimate to work with all my transitions as well as the Declic transitions. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have not invested in ver 14. I do use the Declic batch repair labled for Vista 64 bit.

•  02-23-2010, 10:00 382297 in reply to 382211

I had Version 12 on an XP machine and had no problems. Now I have Version 14 on Win 7. I have tried the unlock tools the Declic site suggests, to no avail. I am assuming the other poster has as well? Anyone else got any thoughts/ideas?
  •  02-23-2010, 10:28 382303 in reply to 382297

Just in case I hadn't dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's, I went back to the Declic site and replaced the file they suggested I replace, and reinstalled all the locked transitions, to no avail. I followed this protocol:

InstallHFZ.exe, a small utility developed by Pinnacle will unlock a few HFX transitions listed above (working only for Studio 10 / HFX V6 or higher) !
    --> InstallHFZ.exe <--
    Copy InstallHFZ.exe to folder ..\Pinnacle\HollywoodFX\6.0 (and replace the existing file. Do not double-click on this file or you will receive an error message). Then, re-install those HFZ files which are watermarked !

So I am anxiously awaiting other ideas. There is one of these transitions that I REALLY want to use and I am frustrated I can't get them all working! Thanks!

•  02-23-2010, 12:16 382328 in reply to 382303

Can you name a couple of the transitions that you're having problems with? Perhaps there's a pattern to them that might indicate the cause of your problems. Some Declic transitions use an existing transition as a base to start from and that might be part of the problem.

Be specific as you can, the number and description would be ideal. It's not always easy to ID a transition.

Joe

PS Be sure to mention the one you REALLY want to get working Wink

•  02-23-2010, 14:00 382362 in reply to 382328

Here are the numbers:

15 bball

23 fishey

31 moto

48 ventil

49 vache

56 bonjour

68 acid1

69 acid2

71-77 vlag, cylinder 1 & 2, spinout, tumble, drippy, stretch

81 silverbell

94 vde-trans

113 baby bears

114 reality tv

116 swing

122-130 butterfly, baldeagleface, halloween forest, bee, clock, morningstar, wave, tornado, crosses

142 time-songoku

149 quatra-vues

152 (both with this number) stamp and tampon

164 paintbrush

165 galloping horse (THIS IS THE ONE I WANT!)

All of them after this point are fine. Thanks!

•  02-23-2010, 16:31 382392 in reply to 382362

Interesting. I was the one that made 164 and 165. Also 163, and all the 166's and 167's. I believe they were all made to be compatible with Studio 9 and were created in EasyFX 5.5

I was hoping that maybe they were all made from existing effects. But I made 164 and 165 from scratch so that doesn't explain why they are watermarked.

Back when a lot of people still had Studio 9 all the effects were made in EasyFX 5.5 (for Studio 9) because they would work in EasyFX 5.5 and 6.0, whereas effects made in 6.0 were watermarked when played in Studio 9.

Below is a hfz file I made from my copy in EasyFX 6.0

165-Galloping-Horse_6

Right click and save the file, then double click it to install it in the 00 - Declic Video folder. It will have the _6 added to it to differentiate it from the original. If this is still watermarked then I will see if I can re-make it in EasyFX 5.5, which I still have.

I'm assuming you know how to run the repair batch file so it shows up in the album Smile

Let me know what happens,

Joe 

•  02-24-2010, 8:58 382550 in reply to 382392

I now have TWO locked galloping horses, and to add insult to injury, I tried twice to add a frowny face to this post to emphasize my disappointment, and Firefox locked up on me. So it is a not-going-to-work day today, I guess. My garage heater just quit, too, and we just had them "fix" it. Sigh.

What now? I appreciate your help!

•  02-24-2010, 10:56 382580 in reply to 382550

I have a problem with posting to the forum when using Google Chrome, so I have to switch to IE. For one thing, the spell check will not work, and if I recall correctly, the 'link' function doesn't work, along with other things.

Don

•  02-24-2010, 14:41 382649 in reply to 382550

nancyadn:

I now have TWO locked galloping horses, and to add insult to injury, I tried twice to add a frowny face to this post to emphasize my disappointment, and Firefox locked up on me. So it is a not-going-to-work day today, I guess. My garage heater just quit, too, and we just had them "fix" it. Sigh.

What now? I appreciate your help!

I made this one using Hollywood FX 5.5. It will look the same but it was made with a different FX editor.

Galloping Horse_5.5

Let's see what happens this time. Confused

I see in your profile that you have Win7. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I won't have Win7 for another week or so, so I'm not able to test that part of it. I have XP right now and I don't have problems with watermarks

Joe

•  02-24-2010, 19:21 382678 in reply to 382649

Joe;

I think it's something with W7 (64 bit), because I never had a problem getting this stuff to work in XP. I just have not had any luck trying to isolate it. One thing different is I only installed studio 12, where the other computers had other version of studio and hfx on them.

•  03-09-2010, 20:06 386170 in reply to 382649

Joe, I'm just getting back to this, was gone for a week. I'm buried with stuff after having been gone, so will tackle this in next couple of days and get back to you. Thanks!
  •  03-21-2010, 9:15 389305 in reply to 386170

Just to be clear: ALL HFX under #300 have been made with HFX V5.5 to be compatible with S9-10-11-12-14. From now on, we have stopped to support HFX V5.5 and will focus on HFX V6.
    More informations here: End of the survey / future of our HFX transitions.

Please take note when download free HFX to read the note at the top of the page. There are plenty of informations !! In particular, some transitions are restricted to [HFX Plus/Pro/Mega], and that's why they are watermark if you do not have the corresponding pack (generally sold with S9).

DV FX

•  03-21-2010, 10:33 389318 in reply to 386170

Funny this latest post should come up today, as I am JUST able to sit at my computer and tackle this, finally, after weeks of not having time for it. Joe, I'll let you know if the 5.5 you sent me works, but it kind of sounds like it won't, based on what the last post says?
  •  03-21-2010, 15:27 389365 in reply to 389305

Joe, I tried the 5_5 version with the same results.

I have Pro/Mega and it is installed and unlocked ... still, some of the transitions that call for Pro/Mega are locked. Does the gentleman from France have any suggestions for me?

Nancy

•  03-21-2010, 16:05 389371 in reply to 389365

I'm not sure if Gerry's post HERE is relevant

but UAC in W7 seems to be a problem for some installation.

•  03-21-2010, 17:48 389383 in reply to 389365

nancyadn:

Joe, I tried the 5_5 version with the same results.

I have Pro/Mega and it is installed and unlocked ... still, some of the transitions that call for Pro/Mega are locked. Does the gentleman from France have any suggestions for me?

Nancy

Nancy,

The reason I am/was perplexed about that particular transition is that it was made from scratch. I made the photos myself, and the A and B backgrounds are standard issue. Nothing was taken from any other transition so Basic, Pro, or Mega should be totally irrelevant. Zip, zilch, nada, the problem can't be with the transition itself.

I think the problem may lie in that darn UAC. You hear about some people having problems with S14 and for others everything just seems to roll along fine in Windows 7. It could very well be something as simple as that.

It's worth it for you to investigate along those lines.

Joe

•  03-22-2010, 6:33 389463 in reply to 389383

UAC is set to zero. I don't see where I have any other options. Any suggestions?
  •  03-22-2010, 23:53 389654 in reply to 389463

Did you run the delic script that deletes the pinnacle cache of the transitions while the UAC is set to zero, then restart studio? If you installed the transitions with the UAC set high, then the cache data will have this bad data in there also. By deleting the cache (the script is the simplest way to do this) the next time studio starts it will be-build it.
  •  03-23-2010, 0:16 389659 in reply to 389654

Nancy, I propose that you try ghuck proposition. Then, please check our HFX FAQ, and confirm that you already installed the install-HFZ.exe file (explained in our FAQ).

DV FX

•  10-13-2010, 2:47 426518 in reply to 389659

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have found it extremely useful as I was experiencing the exact same problems as other posters on here after I installed Windows 7 (64-bit) and a brand new clean install of S14 Ultimate.   This thread has been a great learning curve for me and I eventually got my HFX from Declic into S14 by following the tutorials on the Declic site.   However, whilst I now have a 'Declic Video' category  at the foot of my Standard Transitions in Studio, I cannot see them in EasyFX Editor - is this OK?

Also, I have followed the instruction from the Declic tutorial, and cleared the EditorCache.xxxxxx and EffectCache.xxxxxx files from users\Public\Documents\Pinnacle\Program Files(x86)\Pinnacle\Studio 14\programs\Plugins\RTFx

but I am curious about the similar files (EditorCache.xxxxxx and EffectsCache.xxxxxx in the path

users\Public\Documents\Pinnacle\Program Files(x86)\Pinnacle\Studio14\Import\Programs\Plugins\RTFx    

These are smaller and older versions of EditorCache.xxxxxx and EffectsCache.xxxxxx and whilst I could not find a mention of them in the Declic tutorials, I wonder why I need them and whether they should also have been cleared when I was runnining with UAC aet to zero, etc??

Hope my question/suggestion makes sense - anyone done this, or know what they are for?

Thanks

•  10-13-2010, 13:02 426615 in reply to 426518

I never did get the ones I listed above to work.Sad
  •  10-23-2010, 14:22 428634 in reply to 426518

HenryPorter:

{...}
    but I am curious about the similar files (EditorCache.xxxxxx and EffectsCache.xxxxxx in the path

users\Public\Documents\Pinnacle\Program Files(x86)\Pinnacle\Studio14\Import\Programs\Plugins\RTFx    

{...}

Forget about those files. Should be some residues linked to installation. I have just upgraded to Windows Seven on a brand new computer, and I also have those files. I will also play with them, and check what is the utility... I will let you know, to my opinion, just a copy from the transfer wizard or similar. Otherwise, is everything else OK ? On my side, it runs smooth and well.

DV FX

•  10-25-2010, 2:43 428741 in reply to 428634

Thanks for the reply.

I followed your advice on the Declic web-site again, but this time I also deleted the two additional files.   Upon re-booting and restarting S14 both of these files reappeared in their original format.   Apparently no harm done!   However, this did not seem to have any connection to my original question.

My query was more related to understanding why I did not see the Declic transitions in Easy FX Editor, but I have since realised that If I open the FX Editor within Studio I can see them normally.   It is only when I start Easy FX Editor from START\ Programs that the Declic transitions are unavailable.    This is only a minor issue, and probably due to a lack of understanding on my part!

One further point, and again it is a very minor issue, - after I had installed the HFX you have made available for download on the Declic web-site (a great resource by the way!), one of them 'Dolph'  #11, always crashed Studio and I had to reboot.   I have therefore deleted all of the files created by this particular install and everything is now fine.  All of the other FX are OK.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 (33 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy